Chapter 11: Unexpected Meeting

As they bumped into each other, they sort of had an awkward conversation. "You should watch where you're going, you know" Taehyung said. "You're the one who bumped into me, you should be apologizing right now" Yongsun replied as they then awkwardly turned away from each other. "How rude of him" Yongsun said as she walked hurriedly to go to the restroom.

"Just who was that guy unnie?" Wheein said as she appeared. " I don't know, but whoever he is, he's rude" Yongsun said as she glanced in the mirror and went back to the venue.

"Um, excuse me Ms., I'm looking for a 17 year old girl named Kim Yongsun, has she arrived?" Another familiar face arrived. "Yes ma'am, she's over there at Table 4" "Thank you" The woman said as she rushed towards the table, but she then ran into Yongsun.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm late, you must be the one I'm sponsoring, Yongsun? Am I right?" The woman said as she apologized. "Y-You're, Mrs. Kim too, am I right?" "Yes, I am, how come you already know me, I haven't formally introduced myself to you yet." "I'm Kim Yongsun, the sister of Jung Wheein, the one who died of a rare condition, the one you promised you would help cure her 9 years ago..." The woman was left with a shocked expression.

"Y-Yongsun? Is that really you? No wonder your name sounded familiar to me" "It's alright, so, you must be my sponsor...." "Yes, and don't you worry, I've studied your background and I've made sure to pay for all your expenses." "Th-thank you"

Just then, Wheein reappeared, "So, unnie, who's--your" Wheein said as she looked at the woman in front of Yongsun. The woman who failed to live up to her promise of helping her. And the woman whom they lost contact with after her death.

"H-how could this be unnie? You know very well what this woman has done to our family, especially me..." Wheein whined as she and Yongsun went to the bathroom. "Wheein, I didn't even know she would be the one sponsoring me, and besides, you don't have to remind me about what she did." Yongsun said as she tied her hair back.

"Easy for you to say...." Wheein said but took it back immediately. "Look, she's just my sponsor, she'll be helping me pay for my expenses for high school, that's all." "If I were you, I wouldn't get too close to her." "Don't worry, I've got this, you can trust me..." 

Soon after, Yongsun felt tired after the event so she decided to rest at a nearby bench outside the venue. "Yongsun-ah!" A slightly deep voiced male said. "Oh, Jin!" Yongsun said as she got up.

Jin became friends with Yongsun when they met at Wheein's funeral, although Jin had a secret crush on Yongsun but he didn't want that to interfere with their friendship.

"Come on, we don't wanna be late!" Jin said as he ran to her and grabbed her wrist, "Late to what?" "Didn't you know? We're gonna move in to the dorms today!" Yongsun was left with a shocked expression. "Wait, what? But I didn't bring my stuff because I thought it would be like-" 

"No time for chat Yong, let's go!" Jin said as they both got on the bus with the other students who got sponsored.