Chapter 9: You Came Back

It's been a few hours since Yongsun was rushed to the hospital after the accident. She remained unconscious for quite a while until...

"Unnie.....please wake up...." Wheein then reappeared as she stood next to the hospital bed Yongsun was lying down on. Yongsun then slowly opened her eyes and saw Wheein, for the first time in a while.

"Wheein.....you came back...."She reached out her hand to her but it just passed through. "Wait...I don't understand....I can see you...but I can't hold your hand....." "Unnie...I'm a spirit now....but....it's a good thing you can see me now...unlike before...." "Huh? What do you mean?" "I was by your side ever since....that day.....but never mind that..." 

"But wait....if I can see you....then..does that mean that I'm dead too?" Yongsun said as she looked at her surroundings. "I don't know.....but you're not dead yet unnie...I can tell you that.."

"Well...never mind that....what's important now...is that you came back..." "I'll live up to my promise to you unnie, I'll look after you like how you looked after me." The twins then smiled.

"Um..excuse me miss, but...who are you talking to?" One other patient said. "I'm talking to my twin sister....." Yongsun then smiled at Wheein and she smiled back. People would think that Yongsun has gone insane, but in reality just having her sister by her side again made her feel happy, more than ever.

Days later, Yongsun had been discharged from the hospital. The following morning, she and her aunt had moved to their mother's side's province which was near the countryside to start a new life, this time with Wheein, though she is not physically visible to anyone's eyes, except for Yongsun's.

Every day, Yongsun and Wheein would play games in the field, "Hang on unnie!" Wheein cried out. "You tired yet?" Yongsun said as she tried to catch her breath. "Tag! You're it!" Wheein said as she tapped Yongsun's shoulder and ran.

Yongsun then ran afterwards but just then she bumped into another kid. "S-Sorry....I..didn't mean to bump into you..."

"You know, you should watch where you're going!" The girl said as she pushed Yongsun to the ground.

"Ow!" Yongsun cried out, "Unnie!" Wheein said as she glanced back at the girl. "Yerin, don't do that to the new kid" A boy named Jin said, concerned for Yongsun. "She's the reason why my clothes got dirty, wait, are you defending her? Instead of me, your best friend" "What you did was just wrong that's why I'm defending her"

Just as Yerin turned her back, something pushed her. "Jin! Why did you push me?" Yerin said, now on the ground. "I-I didn't.." 

"That's what you get for pushing my sister earlier" Wheein said staring down at Yerin. "Girls, help me up!" Yerin said as she asked help from her two friends Yuju and Eunha. 

Wheein's spirit then disappeared. "You're gonna pay for this!" Yerin said as she dusted off her clothes and walked away with the two girls following suit.

Jin then held out his hand and offered to help Yongsun up. "Y-You alright?" Jin said. "Y-Yeah, you & her..." "We're friends, but...she only considers those other two as HER friends..." "Oh..." "Nah, it's okay....are you...um..hurt or anything?" "I'm f-fine..." "Oh...by the way.... I'm Jin...and you are?" 

"I'm Yongsun..." "Well, nice to meet you Yong" Jin said with a friendly smile on his face as they shook hands. "So..you're new around here aren't you?" "Yeah...me and..my aunt just moved here a few days ago...I might as well get used to the view here" Yongsun said as she laughed slightly. "I could give you a tour if you want" "Is it okay?" "Sure! C'mon!" He said as he grabbed her wrist and they ran together.

"And over here are the horses that we use for the tourists who stop by here" Jin said as he got near the horses with Yongsun. "There are so many of them" "And here is the best one" He said as he guided her to a white horse. "His name's Caliston, he's the favorite of every tourist" "Jin! It's time for lunch!" Jin's mom said. "C-Coming mom!" "Yongsun, I've been looking everywhere for you" Her aunt said as she walked towards Jin and Yongsun. "Wh-Who's this?" "Auntie, this is Jin, ...my.." "Friend! I'm her friend...I was just touring her around the neighborhood since she told me that you guys are new here..." "Oh how sweet of you, Jin" The aunt said as she pat Jin's shoulder. "I'm gonna go on ahead Yongsun! Let's meet again tomorrow!"

Yongsun then turned to her aunt to ask permission to meet again with Jin the next day. The aunt simply nodded "Sure! See you tomorrow!" Yongsun said as she waved goodbye. "Auntie, is it okay if I check out the horses a bit?" "Sure, I'll be waiting for you at the store nearby, okay?" "Alright!"

"U-Unnie...the horses look really cool!" Wheein said as she reappeared. "Yeah..." "H-Hey....are you....okay?" "I know what you did to the girl earlier." "Unnie..." "Wheein, you didn't have to do that you know...." "But the girl was being mean to you..." "Even so, you shouldn't take revenge on her like that..." "Sorry..I just couldn't control my anger when someone hurts you..." "A-Alright...I'll forgive you but for now let's check out these horses." "Thanks so much unnie..."

"Unnie, I wanna go on a ride on one of these!" Wheein said as she got one of the horses, just as she got close the horse went wild and freaked out. "Woah there!" Yongsun said as she saw what happened. "L-Let's go back to auntie before anything worse happens...tag! You're it!" Yongsun said as she ran back. "H-Hey that's not fair!"Wheein said as she ran after Yongsun and they all went home.