Chapter 6

The day after being released from the hoapital we head to the apartment to pack it up to move in with the love of my life. I had two gunshot wounds. One in my back just below my heart and one in my left  shoulder. Once inside the apartment, I stop and look around. I'm excited to leave and start my new life with my son and my love. I'm sad to leave though because this was my first home with my son.

I feel Jarrod wrap his warm muscular arms around my waist as he gently pulls me to him. Sighing in content I snuggle into his warmth. Jarrod presses his hot lips onto my neck causing me to shiver in want. Once I'm healed, it's time to make love to my sexy boyfriend.

"Let's getting packing love," he whispers in my ear. Nodding we break apart and start packing the apartment in the cardboard boxes we stoped and picked up before arriving here.

Two hours later we're done. I'm not taking the furniture or the appliances. We didn't have a lot to pack. It took two hours because as we packed we cleaned. As we finish there's a knock on the door. Jarrod checks before opening the door allowing Mrs. Preston inside

"Hello, Mrs. Preston," I hear Jarrod say.

"Hello Jarrod. Is Quinn home from the hospital?"

"In here, Mrs. Preston," I say from the living room.

She and Jarrod enter with smiles. "Hello dear, how are you feeling?" she asks sitting on the couch next to me.

Smiling at her I settle Justin in between us as Jarrod sits on the arm of the couch. "I'm doing good, sore but good." Studying her face I ask, "Have you found somewhere to live?"

She smiles brightly as she rubs Justin's hair. "Yes, I'm moving in with my youngest son, Jeremy."  

We talked for another hour before she left since her son was coming to help her pack and move today as well. Hugging her as Justin clings to her in tears, I put mine and Jarrod's cell phone number in her cell. With a final hug and a kiss on the cheek, Mrs. Preston left.

Jarrod smiles sweetly at me as he gently takes me into his arms. Looking at me and then Justin as he looks back at me asking, "Are you ready to love?"

Taking a deep breath I smile up at the handsome man before me. Leaning up I gently kiss Jarrod. "Let's go home, my love." Grabbing the eight medium sized boxes in four trips, we load them in the back of Jarrod's black Dodge Ram 1500 pick up truck. On the last trip, I look at Justin.

"Ready baby?"

He jumps up and down giggeling. "To Papa's!" He cheers. I giggle as Jarrod chcukles at Justin's enthusiasm. I'm glad this isn't bothering him. Thirty minutes later we are at Jarrod's, I mean our new home. The house is cozy and quant. I've always loved when Jarrod would pick Justin and I up to spend time with him at his place.

Jarrod and I settle Justin's room first with Justin's help of course. Jarrod surprised Justin and I with Justin's room. He had asked his parents and siblings to paint and decorate Justin's room. It's absolutely amazing. The walls are a Superman blue and the two window curtains are Superman red. Justin's favorite superhero is Superman. Justin absolutely loves his room. I cannot express the relief I have that I don't have to worry about Justin no longer growing up in fear of being shot or killed at home.

A month later of living with Jarrod has been wonderful. We were pretty much living together before so it's been eaiser to adjust to living with another adult. Laying in bed together after putting Justin in bed on Friday night, I am lying partially on Jarrod. Playing with Jarrod's fingers I decided tonight is the night.

"Babe?" I ask quietly lifting my head from his chest to look at his beautiful eyes. Jarrod cocks his head in reply. "I, was, um, I was wondering if you'd like to have sex tonight?" I stutter out.

Jarrod's smile turns into an evil smirk. Rolling me over so he's hovering over me he gently lowers his lips to mine. Our lips meld together perfectly. I love when we kiss. It's perfect.

I've turned 18 years old and I'm going down to the courthouse to get a new birth certificate and a social security card for Justin and adoption papers for Jarrod if he wants to adopt Justin in the future. Standing in line with Justin since Jarrod is still at work and he works later on Thursday so he can be home all day Friday through Sunday to spend time with us. Monday through Thursday while I'm at work, Jarrod's dad, Jacob, takes him to his clothing agency until either Jarrod or I pick him up.

Justin tugs on my hand. "Daddy, what we doing?" he whispers.

I smile down at him. "I have to get a new copy of your birth certificate and social security card since I lost them." Justin nods as he sticks his arms up for me to hold him after picking him up, he lays his head in the crook of my neck as he sucks his thumb. I've been trying to break him of that habit but it's taking awhile.

Hearing my number called I step up to the counter with my drivers license and social security card. "Hello," the man behind the counter greets us with a smile.

Smiling in return I say, "Hello. I need to get a new copy of my son's birth certificate and social security card and a form for adoption for my boyfriend to adopt my son.

The man nods and looks between Justin and I. "Man you were young when you became a daddy," he chuckles.

Smiling at Justin as I bounce him gently. "Yeah I was 15 years old when he was born."

"Okay. So his name on his birth certificate?"

"Justin Granger." The man, who's name tag I read, Drake, typed on his keyboard.

Drake then looks at me. "I can't find him. Let's get a new one made." I nod as he starts asking questions. Twenty minutes later we're done. I walk out with a new birth certificate, social security card and adoption paperwork. Making it home fifteen minutes later, we find Jarrod home already.

Getting Justin inside the house we smell Jarrod's food that he's cooking for dinner. Damn it smells good, too. A sexy sight to see of Jarrod dancing around barefoot while he cooks. Jarrod turns when he hears Justin and I giggleing. He grins as he turns off the stove before he dances over to us and pulls us into his arms and dances with us.

"Justin, can I marry your daddy?" he asks as he turns us. Justin laughs and claps his hands together and nod excitedly. I gasp at Jarrod in pure joy. Jarrod turns to me as he goes down on one knee and pulls Justin onto the knee that's up as he pulls a ring from his back pocket.

Looking up at me as he holds the ring out to me he asks. "Quinn James Granger, will you make me the happiest man in the world and become my husband?"

Tackling Jarrod and Justin to the ground I kiss Jarrod senseless. "Yes, Jarrod Walker, yes, a thousand time yes!"