Chapter 1: Harvestwood High

Today I'm Ivory Blake.  People call me Ivy.  I am a sophomore in two high schools, yet none of them know it.  My excuse is that my parents are divorced and since one is ill, I have to go and take care of him every other week.  What the schools don't know is that my parents died five years ago.  Meaning I'm 16 and live alone. I used to have a sister but she was staying with my grandma when the accident happened.  Once I got my share of the will,  Grandma left with my sister.  I loved on the streets for about 5 months in the summer until I bought a house and changed my entire identity.

People at my old school probably assumed that I died because the next school year, I wasn't to be found.  Its for the better though.  I mean I can have as many parties as I want and no complaints from my parents!

I mean yeah it does get lonely sometimes but I quickly realize the perks of being alone.  I sometimes think about going to live with Grandma since I was offered, which I said I would live with my bestie, but then the entire city would be questioning me and why I'm back.  It started with a lie, and its going to end as one.

*         *         *        *        *

I started my first day of 10th grade today.  It was weird.  Nobody still knew who I was except for Karentine.  She is known by anybody and everybody.  She had me sign up to become a cheerleader last year and to my surprise, I made it! 

Practices has started a week ago so our cheer was pretty rough.  We had one more practice until the first game.

"Ivy!!" A voice called out that could only be recognized as Karentine, "Ivy!  Here! Its a note for your first class.  Emergency cheer meeting and/or practice so grab your bag and meet us in the locker room.". With that she sped off to her first class.

When I saw the time, I sprinted to class knowing I was late.

"Miss Ivy.  I see that you are late on your first day and that you have to leave early?" My first teacher was Mr. Newburn who I heard was strict, especially when leaving early.

"Yes sir I know I tried to get here as fast as I could.  Its an emergency cheerleading meeting.  I have to go.". He nods and I leave.

The cheer locker room is magical.  It is full of hairspray, bows, uniforms, makeup, just everything girly.  No one except the coach and cheerleaders are allowed in the room.  Not even the principle is allowed.  One girl brought a friend in as a secret and they both got expelled for it.  The locker room is amazing. 

"Hello girls.  So I see that there is a game tomorrow and our routine is a mess!  Claudia, you are the captain.  Explain.". Coach Poff screams.

"We only have had a week to learn and perfect a routine.  Plus the girls who had competition this week had to learn and perfect theirs first.  There was hardly any time to learn it."

"Well that's why were here right now.  Everybody change into uniform and meet me in the aux gym." Coach Poff leaves and Claudia starts crying.

"I try so hard I'm just not a good captain!  I'm so sorry ladies!  I didn't mean to get us all in trouble!" Claudia is a sweetheart.  She is also my cheer sister.  All the freshman and sophomore Varsity Cheerleaders get sister who are the upperclassmen (Junior and Senior).  These girls lookout for their little sister.  By that I mean making sure every girl has what they need.

"Girls come on get ready!  Coach Poff is waiting on us!". Adrianna yells.  She thinks having little sisters is stupid.  She has her stuff and nothing extra.  Her little sister is Karentine so I make sure if she forgets anything, I get some from Claudia.

We exit into the aux gym and start practicing.  Our school mascot is a cowboy so our song for competition is Get Up by Kelly Clarkson.

Our routine is simply claps and poses.  Occasionally a jump or turn.  The cheers are easy to remember.

"You can do.  There's no stopping.  Rip that whip boys keep em coming!"

"Its okay if you missed that point, Harvestwood is still your joint!". That one makes no sense.

"You've heard it all, you've seen the point.  We're dominating with those points!"

I plaster a fake smile on my face as we chant the cheers.  Occasionally I add in a wink for the guys.  When cheer practice is over, our first block class is about to finish.  We hang in the cheer room until the bell rings to go to second block.

The day drags on after that.  Since Coach Poff thought we did really good this morning, she canceled practice for this afternoon.  Meaning I have to carry around my cheer bag all day.  I left my hair and bow up as did the others.  Nobody felt like changing.  A couple got dress coded but most teachers left it since we were cheerleaders.

When I got home I flopped on the couch.  I was so whipped from practice I barely felt like making food.  I just stuck in some random leftovers and fell asleep.

*        *        *        *        *

Since today we had a game, cheerleaders, drill team, flag corps, and the football team were excused from school.  The cheerleaders hung out in the locker room most of the day since we didn't have to go.  During lunch, I was stopped by one of the most perfect guys I have ever seen.  Well when I saw stopped, I mean rammed into.  Spilling my food all over him.

"Omg I'm so sorry!!". I gasped as he grabbed my hand.

"Hey its okay.  Everybody clear the scene!!!". He yelled and everybody went back to eating lunch, "Hey it really is okay.  Actually, would you like hang out sometime?".

My heart froze.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

So how did you guys like the first chapter?  I will probably upload once a week from now on.  Did you guys like Harvestwood?  Remember she goes to a new school next time!!

Vote!

Comment!!

Follow!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

CAN YOU ALL SEE CHAPTER 2-4 BECAUSE I CANNOT?!?!?!?!  Comment below!!!