Chapter 7: Tindercreek High: Continued

Dear Miss Blake,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the young fashion career program.  Classes start on Monday the 17th of September.  Here is the list of supplies:

.....

The letter read on but I was too shocked to keep reading.  I GOT INTO LANTONS FASHION ACADEMY!!!!!!!  I screamed and drove off to Morgans house.  I was so excited that I didn't see that a car was driving straight towards me.  I swerved and ran into a tree causing it to crash into the hood of the car.  That's all I remember before it all went dark.

*        *        *        *        *

"She will be fine.  Just a couple of bumps and bruises.  She did sprain her wrist but that should heal quickly.  She is allowed to leave tomorrow if she is awake."  I assume that was the doctor.  I open my eyes to indeed reveal a doctor talking to my grandmother, sister, and a couple of cousins I have yet to recognize.

"Wh-why am I in the hospital and why are you all here?"  I asked nervously.  If my secret was revealed, I would be arrested.

"You ran into a tree.  We are here because the doctor asked for family.  We are your family Gina."  I was literally shaking.  They said that horrid name.  Gina.  Gina Forestone.  That name was like death to me.  My parents last name was Forestone.  I am not a Forestone!  I slammed my hand down on the bed before balling my eyes out.  Here I am broken and my parents aren't here to comfort me.

"Don't call me Gina.  Please.  That name is all that is left of my parents who I wish were here right now!"  The tears had stopped and I drifted off to sleep. 

The next morning when I woke up, I was allowed out.  They helped me into the car and Morgan picked me up to drive me home.  Luckily it was student teacher work day.

I went inside the house to find the cheerleaders and Creg all holding signs up.  Creg was holding flowers and a box.  I smiled with one of those awkward geeky grins. 

"I was only in there for a day!  Lol you guys are so amazing!"  I ran into the center and they all engulfed me into a huge hug.  I look up and see Creg to the side.  When the hug was over, everyone started to eat.  Apparently there was food sent here.  I walked over to Creg to talk to him in private.

"Listen baby doll.  I know now how important it is to keep your secret, well a secret.  I didn't think about how I'm not your boyfriend at Harvestwood.  It kills me but I know now since you got into the program, that Charlotte will remain.  I don't want us to end.  I mean, your perfect.  And I'm not just talking about the outwards appearance.  Baby I love you, please don't leave me."  He started to tear up.

"Come here you oaf!  Imma show you what love is!"  I pulled him into a deep, passionate kiss.  It wasn't long.  Just enough to prove how much I love him.

"I love you!  Here.  Once I heard about the crash, I wanted to get you this.  Follow me.  Don't open it yet."  He put a blindfold on me and he walked me, box in hand, to a random room.  "Open the box but do not take off your blindfold yet." I felt something in the box.  Creg led my finger to a button on whatever he gave me.  He pushed my finger down as I heard something honk.

Ripping the blindfold off, I see a bright pink convertible!

"Creg!!!  Shut up you didn't!  I can't accept this!"

"Take it baby doll.  It wasn't much plus your car was totaled.  You needed a new and better one!"  I jumped into his arms. 

"Thank you baby!!!!!  We'll take it out for a drive after the party!"  I ran inside being careful.

Everybody was laughing and talking and eating the food.  Half way through the party, I became exhausted and went to bed.  I let everyone know that I was going to bed but they were welcome to stay if they wanted.  I assume they left soon after because I woke up about 2 hours later and no one was here. 

Well I thought there wasn't anyone until I heard a crash.