Chapter 3- It begins.

"I've been here all day." Peter said quickly. From what I could see, even though he was a blur, he put down the paddle and ball and dashed to sit on the sofa next to the chair I was sat on. 

"Relax Peter, we're not cops." One of the men stepped forward and explained, his hair was slicked back and he was quite tall and broad and tried to reassure Peter. As if that was going to work...

"Course you're not cops, if you were cops you wouldn't be driving a rental car."

"How do you know we've got a rental car?" The third man asked, intrigued by what Peter knew.

"I checked your registration while you were walking through the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreements, saw you were from outta town, are you FBI?" Peter explained so quickly my ears couldn't keep up. Even I didn't see that he had done all that while I was with him the whole time...

"Is he always like this?" The one wearing glasses asked, turning in my direction. Vaguely pointing at Peter.

"Yep, you get used to it." I replied and the geeky looking man briefly laughed. Peter was just... well, Peter and he did the same thing to me when I first met him. I don't regret meeting him at all, if anything he helped me a lot and made doing chores a lot quicker. That's only one of the many reasons not to mention the fact that he is just such a friend that I can talk to about anything. Sure, I had other friends that I'd just happened to meet one day, but me and Peter are both home-schooled so it just makes things easier.

"Nope, you're not cops." Peter said replying to the broader man after he took the third man's wallet, taking out one of the cards in the process. "Hey, what's this gifted youngsters place?" And then he ran somewhere else before our eyes could catch up.

"An old card..." The third man grumbled, and bent down to pick up his leather wallet and put the 'old card' back inside.

"He is fascinating." 

"He's a pain in the arse." The third man murmured.

"What a teleporter?" The geeky looking man asked to the broad man.

"No he's just fast, when I knew him he wasn't this old... young." He corrected, turning back to Peter.

"Young? You're just old." He said cheekily and one by one they turned around, he was eating an ice lolly, no surprise there.

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" The third man asked.

"Powers? What powers? What are you talking about?" Peter asked, but he knew exactly what they were talking about. "Did I do something strange here?" He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Nothing anybody would believe if you told them?" 

He whizzed past them to the arcade machine he'd stolen. Peter starting playing on it like he wasn't interested. He told me how he'd managed to steal it and told me about everything else down here. "So who are you? What do you want?" 

The broader man sighed and explained- "We need your help, Peter."

"With what?"

"To break into a highly secure facility and get someone out."

"Prison break? That's illegal you know." He said in his usual know-it-all voice. He was the one who had stolen loads of junk and, frankly, the strangers happened to notice. They glanced around the room, seeing every inch of the property he had stolen... and now owned.

"Well, only if you get caught." The broader man continued.

"So what's in it for me?" 

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break into the Pentagon." The third man said whilst pinching his nose. We both had heard about the Pentagon. 

"How do I know I can trust you." Peter asked sneakily, turning to face them in his chair.

"Because we're just like you." The broader man said but Peter didn't look convinced.

"Show him." 

Wow. It was- wow. The broader man lifted up his right arm, parallel to his chest and clenched his fist. Three bone spikes extended inbetween his knuckles. They even made a slight soft crunching noise as he winced very slightly, almost so slightly that I couldn't notice; he was probably used to it. His face looked relaxed for a guy with sharp claw-like things coming out of his hand. I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw it from a distance but you couldn't miss it. I knew they were like me and Peter, I just knew it. It was pretty disgusting though and I bet it hurt everytime.

"It's cool but it's disgusting." Peter turned up his lip and shrugged in the process. I tried not to laugh and finally found the courage to ask who they were.

"So who are you guys?" I asked, looking at them individually as they turned to face me.

"Charles Xaviar. And you are?"

"Azalia Ravensdale." I shook his hand.

"I don't think you're being completely honest with us." He said, knowing I was different too. I was shocked but it wasn't hard to guess that they were all different, after seeing the boney-claw guy show his boney claws.

"Yeah, I have abilities too."

"I know, and you would be of great use to us." 

"Use? What do you mean?" I didn't know what I was getting into and remembering that they had mentioned the Pentagon, I thought it was better to ask as many questions as I could.

"I'm Logan." The broader man broke in (He actually managed to break a weak smile too).

"And I'm Hank McCoy." The geekier looking man said and smiled convincingly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm sure you already know Peter." I replied to both of them and turned to Charles when he spoke to Peter and me.

"Come with us."

Hope you guys liked that and don't worry I'm building up to something big!! Sorry if it was quite short and a lot of the chapters will be a varied length. Votes and comments much appreciated!