Phase Twelve

Dedicated to Arrose for being an amazing person and putting up with my talkative personality!! Haha, well, partly that...other part for being a great person to talk to and being an Inkie. Okay, that's a biased reason, but whatever...xD

Phase Twelve 

            “Okay, I’ve his GPS signal, guys!” Wayne exclaimed excitedly as he pushed his glasses up his nose. His eyes never left the computer screen.

            We all rushed towards him, Pierre shooting orders in his earpiece on sending backup to Philippe’s location. “Où est-il?” Pierre asked breathlessly. Despite his good English, he was still a Francophone through and through, and would switch to his mother tongue when in mission-mode.

            Wayne frowned, scrunching up his nose. “Where he is, you ask? It says he’s…in the Organization?”

            “What?!” Elodie cried.

            “I promise, I saw a figure drag his silhouette away,” I told them, my eyebrows drawn in confusion.

            “I believe you, Agent C-10.” Pierre said absentmindedly as he thought. He was in his professional mode and would address us by our agent names. “Agent, disregard. La location est encore incertaine. Over.” He said into his earpiece. He had left temporarily in the middle of waiting for Elodie to get back from talking with Philippe in the hallway to grab something, so I was the only one there to see Philippe get dragged away.

            Wayne typed something in at a rapid pace, and I assumed it was something to do with pinpointing Philippe’s exact location. He confirmed my guess a second later. “Attendez – I’m getting his exact location.”

            His fingers flew over the keyboard, and all eyes stayed glued to his screen. “He’s…”

            “Right outside our door?” I cut in impatiently. “Vraiment?

            Wayne pushed his glasses up his nose again. That kid has got to stop doing that! It made him seem nerdy, and while he was great with technology, he didn’t have to look the part!

            Okay, Ange, focus. My mind snapped back to reality in time to hear Wayne say, “…let me re-check.” Click. “He is…?”

            We all rushed towards the door and flung it open to see Philippe’s hand dangling mind-air as if he was about to open the door. “Uh, this is awkward…” he trailed off, chuckling slightly.

            “Where the heck were you?” Elodie demanded.

            “Yeah, you scared the crap out of us!” I added.

            Just as Philippe was about to start explaining why he was gone, Pierre put a finger up. “Attendez, let me record.”

            “Puis-je commencer?” Pierre nodded in answer. “Well, this guy snuck up on me and managed to duct-tape my mouth, hands, and feet before throwing a bag over my head. I think he’s from IDPF…anyway, I was thrown into a van and in the van, I managed to kick off the duct tape from my hands and take off the other duct tape.”

            I raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything to mess up the recording.

            “After that, I figured out how to get out, and slammed the windows open and ran back. The guy tried to get me, but the Organization’s doors stopped him. That’s it.”