How to start off your fitness journey

Beginning your fitness journey might be intimidating. Not knowing where to start or not knowing what to follow in the swamp of information on the internet can be a lot for a beginner.

Similar was true for me when I first began my fitness journey. Reading about or listening to other people's experiences played an important role in helping me stay motivated and achieve my fitness goals and I aspire to do the same for any and all the strong, beautiful women out there who might be looking for a guide in their fitness journey. 

In order to start off your fitness journey, one of the most important questions you should be asking yourself is why you want to be fit and healthy in the first place. You have to figure out what it is that motivates you and why you decided to make a change. This might sound insignificant but in those days when you need a push to get you to workout or when you are craving your favorite junk foods or when you feel like giving up, reminding yourself of why you started in the first place could be what keeps you going.

More often than not, we are told to workout for ourselves, and not for other people. But girls, it doesn't matter if you are working out because you were bullied for being over weight. It doesn't matter if you are working out to get back at your ex who left you for her.  It doesn't matter if your motivation is your fear of getting a chronic disease. It doesn't matter if you simply want to look good for your special someone. Use whatever and whoever motivates you, to get off your ass and hit the gym. Use it to stop yourself when you feel yourself reaching for those doughnuts! Use it to keep showing up! Use it to push yourself. And when you are consistent and push yourself, that is when change happens. Use what drives you to keep at it long enough for it to become a habit. From my experience, once it becomes a habit, going a few days without working out will become harder than you could even imagine. Drinking those fizzy drinks you used to love or eating those sugary foods you used to crave will make you literally feel sick.

The first step in any transformation is to decide to make a change. Once you do, commit to your fitness and weight loss goals and be consistent. Consistency is the key!