Ch. 6 Serenity

A couple days later and Alexander has made himself home. Meanwhile Christopher and I have been helping Shelby with her thirst and how to control it. Sam and Toby have been running around the house as if nothing weird has been going on in this household. Christopher and I have been helping my parents with their feelings and how to manage them. When everything quiets down Christopher manages to sneak us out to take us out on dates. When we do this I feel like I'm human again. Although I feel like he bribes everyone when we actually have some peace and quiet.

I was at lunch at school when this girl that I see around the school these past few days walked by my table and stopped. She looked like she was taking a deep breathe and then she turned around to face me. She looked really shy but I didn't know why. She looked at me and then the seat across from me. I nodded towards the seat telling her that she can sit there. As she sat down she told me her name was Serenity. I told her my name was Christi, we shook hands when her eyes had that fire in them. The exact same fire as Sam and Toby. She pulled back her hand and stared at me. "I'm not gonna hurt you" I told her and noticed that her eyes still had that fire in them. She looked at me and when she did it looked like she was afraid I opened my hand asking if she needed comfort. She put her hand in mine and I could feel her whole being relax with the comfort I was giving her. Just then I noticed a tear coming down her cheek and put a arm around her. I know that we just met but I felt like she needed a friend.

She looked up and nodded and mouthed "Thank you" I smiled at her. "It happened a year ago but I never use my powers... they scare me". I hugged her a little tighter "I might be a vampire but that doesn't mean that I can't be your friend" I told her sincerely. Just then I realized the time and that the bell has rung. We had only one minute left, so what I did was I flashed her and I to her next class. My next class was with Christopher so what happened was I flashed myself to him. He seemed caught off guard, I laughed "It was for a good cause" I told him. He held me close and kissed my forehead. "I know, I saw you two at the table and I was about to go next to you when a football almost collided with my head". We laughed and continued to walk.

"She's like Sam and Toby, a chosen" I whispered under my breathe. He nodded "How long has she been like that? A couple days ago?" I shook my head. "She had her powers for a year now but she never uses them. She says that she's afraid of them". He nodded listening intensely to what I was saying. Just then I had a thought that made my eyes widen. Christopher noticed and asked what was wrong. "Sam and Toby's powers were activated when Alexander showed up at my apartment. Do you think that hers was activated the same way?". I asked him and he shrugged. "It could've been but I wouldn't know Christi, I'm sorry". I shook my head and smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the lips. He put his arms around me as we kissed and we heard girls giggling in the background. I smiled against his lips and leaned my forehead against his.

15 Minutes after school ended and I was gonna go back to the apartment to see if everyone was okay. I was about to start walking when I felt Christopher's arms around my waist, pressing a kiss to my head. I turned around to see him smiling with a look in his eyes. I looked behind him to see Serenity waving to someone. I nodded her direction to let Christopher know she was there. I grabbed his hand and walked over to her "Hey, Serenity" I said with a smile. She turned and smiled at me, I walked up to her and opened up my arms to give her a hug. She gladly and warmly accepted. "Who were you waving too?" I asked her, she pointed in a direction and when I saw who it was my eyes widened. Alexander.