Ch. 9 One Night

Christopher and I were heading back home when I saw Alexander's car and two people in it- I was guessing Alexander but who was the other person? I tapped Christopher's shoulder and nodded my head in the cars direction. I slowed down a little bit to see who it was and saw that it was Shelby.

"If Shelby is with Alexander then where is her kids?" Christopher asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and started to speed up a bit to go to the apartments and make sure her children were okay. I was hoping to the Gods they were okay. 

I sped through the city avoiding every street light as possible. Christopher was a little afraid but the only thing he did was held my hand as it started to clench the steering wheel. I think he was almost afraid that I was gonna break off the wheel. I started to relax a little bit when the apartment building came into view, I saw a light on in my window and a figure in it but it was to tall to be considered a kid. The height looked to be around my parents but I didn't know for sure. I was terrified I treated these kids like my own and Shelby didn't mind that. Not that she was anywhere near them. Christopher told me that he had a feeling that she didn't want to hurt them but it still didn't make sense to me. 

We tried to be as quiet as we could even though our car keys were giggling and of course my bracelets on my wrist that I always wore. One of them was a gift Christopher had gotten me and I freaked out when I saw a bracelet that had gold and diamonds  for the wrist part and a crystal heart that gave a pink glaze if you looked at it in a right light. The words I will forever and always love you was encrypted on the inside. The others were there not just for decoration but because there was another special one that made sure my hunger stayed in control.

I was at the door to my apartment and heard giggling going around. Then I knew that it was Sam and Toby, my place was like a sanctuary to them even though their kind was to destroy vampires. I opened the door and they were coloring in the books I bought for them, I wanted them to not be on the TV so much like Shelby did. When I told her that their eyes could start straining really badly because of staring at the TV so long she shrugged and went back to talking to Alexander. I let Christopher and I into the apartment and shut the door behind myself. I noticed the kids just watching TV and wondered how they got it on since there was a password on the TV.

I went to shut off the TV and I told them to pick a book before they went to bed and to keep their light on if they wanted me to read it to them. I beckoned him to the kitchen and when he came in closing the door. Thats when I thought to bring it up to him what we saw.

¨Who was the person that we saw in the window?¨ I asked. I was worried sick that there was someone else here but I could only hear two hearts and that was the kids.

¨Maybe, that was just the light making them look bigger.¨ He said and well I was gonna take that answer because I was super stressed and I just wanted to be held. And I swear he read my mind when I thought it.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me in to where he was holding me. This night was like a roller-coaster for us without the ride and screams of joy and the wind and the screeching of metal parts. I felt eyes on me and immediately looked at Sam and Toby who were watching TV like I expected. Christopher was leaning down to get a kiss. I giggled and told him that if we were gonna have our time then I was going to put them to bed.

I looked at my crafting room and well thanks to one of the other special bracelets I was able to practice magic. When I was young I figured out that I could do things with a few words and a design of my fingers. My dad never was able to since he worked all the time so I taught myself. And over time I somehow created spells and when I did I would grab a piece of paper and write down what I did. But the moving part I did humanly all I did was do a protection spell over the room to protect them from evil.

I was almost into the living room when I saw Sam and Toby. But the reason why I stopped was because there was like a purple light around them. I was thinking that it was because of the spell. The spell didn't last forever so I had to do it every night.

"Sam, Toby, it's time for bed. Its 9:30 and you need a good nights sleep." Christopher was behind me and what happened was that he picked up Toby and started carrying him to their room. I picked up Sam and followed him. I put her gently to bed while Toby was playfully giving Christopher a hard time causing all of us to giggle at them. 

Twenty minutes later and they were fast asleep. Christopher leaded me to my room and playfully pinned me against the door causing me to giggle.

¨God, I love your laugh¨ As he looked adoringly at me I melted in his arms and he gave me a passionate kiss and laced our fingers together. I was terrified that this would be the only one night it would be us but if it was I would let go of my worries.

¨Christopher, Im not ready for sex¨ I told him panicked.

He shook his head ¨Christi, I dont care about sex. I just want to have one night. Just us. You and Me.¨ He stared into my eyes and I nodded and went to kiss him.

¨I love you Chris¨

¨I love you to Christi¨