Chapter 2

The next few weeks of my life were a complete blur. I didn't even know that it was my last day at Hogwarts, until Ginny and Luna came to me.

"Here, take this is pendant." Ginny said, placing a chain in my hand. I looked at it carefully; it was a golden snitch. Oh hell, I'm gonna miss Quidditch so much.

Luna took a step forward and pulled me in a hug, whispering in a soft voice, "Alex, I'm going to miss you so much."

And that was all I was hearing these past days. I tried so hard not to break down infront of them. Nevertheless, Luna continued, "I know its going to be hard, but we wil never forget you. Ever."

I pull back and blink back my tears, "Thanks, Luna."

Why was this so hard? When had life gotten so bad? Will I ever see my demigod or wizard friends ever? Were the Fates so bad to me?

I had so, so many questions, but where would I get the answers from?

My eyes drifted to the sky, where I saw a faint rainbow. A rainbow. 'Why didn't I think of it earlier?'

I ran towards the Gryffindor Common Room and told the Fat Lady the password impatiently.

The moment I entered the Girl's Dorm, I scanned the room for any other girl, and luckily, there wasn't. Dumping my bag on the bed, I knelt infront of my trunk and searched for the object that I haven't seen in years. Well, two years to be specific.

My hands went into the deepest part of my trunk and finally, my hand touched the cool metal. I fished it out and stared at it. It was still looking as good as new, and I had taken it with me when I left for my fourth year at Hogwarts. I took it with me thinking that I might never see my friends again and it was true.

I grabbed my wand and made my way towards the bathroom, "Aguamenti." I muttered, as the spray of water came from the tip of my wand. I went to the window and saw that it was slowly forming a rainbow.

I flipped the drachma, "Oh, Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering."

I thought for a while, "Show me Annabeth Chase."

The vision shimmered and a blonde ponytail appeared on it. "Annabeth!" I call out, and her head turns on hearing me and her face breaks into her million dollar smile, "Alex!! Oh, my gods, are you okay? How are you?"

I chuckled, and tried not to show my sadness, "I'm fine! How are you?"

"I'm doing great! There's a lot I have to tell you! There's so, so much! I cannot wait to see you at camp!!" Annabeth said, a ring of eagerness in her voice.

I nod, unable to tell her that I won't be coming back. But, Annabeth, well, being Annabeth, she sensed something eating me up, and questioned, "Alex, is everything okay?"

I had to tell her.

"Annabeth, I'm sorry. I can't come back to camp." I told her, not being able to meet her eyes.

"What? Why not?" She asks, a sting of hurt in her voice. I wanted to cry so much, hoping that I could atleast go back to camp. How can you leave your closest family, that has been by your side during grief and happiness?

"Mother said that a god has come to camp-"

"You mean Apollo?" She said, irritated.

"I don't know." I shrug, helplessly.

"But, what does that have to do with you not coming back?" Annabeth defends.

"She said that the god, Apollo, as you say, shouldn't meet or even see me." I tell her.