Cinderpelt's dream

You all know Cnderpelt right? Well, here I am! You all know I injured my leg too, right? Well, Yellowgang didn't ask for me to become a medicine cat. I asked to become it by myself. It all started with a dream...

"Watch out, Cinderpaw!" I whipped around just in time to see a monster screeching towards me. I leapt up and tried to run, but I couldn't.

"Help!!" I cried to Tigerclaw, who was standing at the edge, trying to reach me. The monster zoomed right onto me. My body shook as the monster rumbled by over me. Agonizing spasms made me curl up in pain.

"Cinderpaw-"

"Wake up, it's dawn already. Time to dress your wound." Yellowfang shook me until I was awake.

I let out a big yawn and stood up to stretch. "Eek!" I shrieked as I fell back into my nest. I had forgotten that I was injured. "Ow." It had been five sunrises since my injury, and I haven't done any warrior training since then.

"When can I go back to train?" I asked as Yellowfang dressed my wound.

Yellowfang looked pitifully at me. "You may never become a warrior."

"What! Then what will I be? I retire early to become an elder? Over my dead body!" I demanded.

Yellowfang sighed. "I'll ask Fireheart about it. Get some rest first." She padded out of the den silently.

Just then, Brackenpaw bounded into the den. "Cinderpaw? Are you better?" He dropped a mouse at my paws. "You must be hungry."

I purred gratefully. "Thanks."

"When are you continuing training? It's boring without you!" Brackenpaw complained.

"I-I'm not sure." I sighed. "Yellowfang says that... I may never become a warrior." I whispered.

"What! She's mouse brained! If she can't heal you, why is she even a medicine cat! What kind of medicine cat says that!" Brackenpaw hissed.

"Don't say that... I'll just take a nap first. Thanks for the mouse." I gulped down the remains of the mouse and settled back into my nest.

"Cinderpelt! Cinderpelt! Cinderpelt!" I saw Yellowfang, Runningnose, Brambleberry, Hawkheart, and Goosefeather cheering my name. In front of me was the moonstone, shining as brightly as ever. I'm a medicine cat?

Just then, a huge cat shimmered in front of me. "Thunderstar?" I gasped. "What is it?"

"Cinderpaw, you are destined I be a medicine cat. You were destined to have that injury, and you can be a great medicine cat. Your name will be remembered through generations.. You cannot hide from your fate, and your destiny. Your mentor will support you forever. Don't worry.." Thunderstar mewed. Wit that, he faded away.

I'm destined to become a medicine cat! Not an elder!

Suddenly, I jolted awake. I limped out of the den to find Yellowfang.

"Yellowfang, I wish to become a medicine cat."