CHAPTER 5 ... Pegasus

"I could kill that piece of shit," President Sayed seethed. "The effrontery." He stretched forward in his chair to punch a button on his desk pad.

"Sir." A female voice replied.

"Get me a doctor Joan, on the double."

"A doctor Mr. President?"

"Right now Joan! Tell him to bring his portable goodies with him. And bring me the file on that liberal prick Toa." He released the button and it cut off his secretary's astonished reply. "And?" he looked across the desk at his friend.

Blondie said softly, "I think we are about to become Satanists."

"You realize that should word of this get out, we will be hounded out of office and flayed alive?" Sayed said. Stretching forward he pressed the intercom button again.

"Sir?"

"Get me Marcom. Tell him I want the interrogation vids right now." Again, he cut the reply short. "Just how the hell a kid, a fucking kid mind you, how the hell..." His voice petered out and he shook his head numbly. He looked up at the Polrob across the room. "What have you got to say my silent friend."

SIRE. THERE WAS NO INDICATION OF ANY INVISIBLE ENTITY. INDICATIONS OF RESPERATION, BODY LANGUAGE, VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND HEART RATE INDICATE THAT THE YOUNG CITIZEN TIMOTHY TOA, BELIEVED WHAT HE WAS SAYING. I HAVE ACCESSED CITIZEN MING TOA'S FILE AND ALL INFORMATION ON HIS FAMILY FROM SCHOOL RECORDS TO KNOWN FRIENDS AND ENEMIES.

"You have?" Sayed said. "Now that's interesting."

THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT CITIZEN FAMILY TOA, HAVE ANY AFFILIATIONS WITH ANY RADICAL GROUPS EITHER OF THE LEFT OR RIGHT WING. BOTH CITIZEN CHILDREN ARE CLASSIFIED AS AVERAGE FROM THEIR LATEST I.Q. AND B.Q. TESTING. THUS, ALL INDICATIONS ARE THAT CITIZEN TIMOTHY TOA COULD NOT HAVE DEVISED THIS WHOLE INCIDENT BY HIMSELF.

HIS SISTER, CITIZEN RAVI TOA, HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT HER BROTHER KNOWS. INDICATIONS ARE THAT SHE IS JEALOUS OF HIM. THERE ARE INDICATIONS OF SACRIFICE THOUGH I COULD NOT READ YOUNG CITIZEN RAVI TOA IN ALL ASPECTS AS THIS UNIT WAS STILL BEHIND THE ONE-WAY MIRROR AT THAT TIME.

LASTLY, THE KNOWLEDGE THAT CITIZEN TIMOTHY TOA PRESENTED TO YOU WAS NOT HIS. ALL INDICATIONS ARE THAT HE WAS BEING USED AS A CONDUIT TO RELAY SAID KNOWLEDGE TO YOU SIRE.

The President sat as if made of stone, his mind totally blank at the prospect that he had been in the presence of Lucifer.

"So let me get this straight," Blondie turned towards the Polrob. "Are you saying that everything in that room was above board? That it was real?"

SIRE.

"I was afraid you were going to say that because I have come to that same conclusion." He turned to Sayed. "Say? The shit is about to hit the fan. Get everybody that saw the Toa family into the interrogation room ASAP. If anybody hints that Satan paid us a visit ..."

PLEASE STAND BY...NOTIFICATIONS SENT...ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS... RECEIVED. ALL SECURITY SERVICE PERSONEL NOTIFIED AND ARE EN ROUTE TO THE WAITING ROOM. SCIENTIFIC PERSONEL WILL TAKE A WHILE LONGER AS THE TOA FAMILY WILL HAVE TO BE PLACED UNDER QUARANTINE FOR THE DURATION.

"Damned efficient what?" Sayed said with a smirk. "Imagine. A visitor from our enemy shows up and throws dust into our eyes. Just wish the rest of this place would learn the trait."

SIRE. INFORMATION JUST RECEIVED.

LOKI EXISTS.

"What?" both men looked up at the Polrob as the secretary knocked and walked in carrying a two-inch thick file. The doctor was in tow, wheeling a thinly padded half-meter wide bed on wheels into the large office.