I don't care if you do

Aeryn sat on their usual spot, or at least, it used to. Her music hummed softly in the background as she stared up at the sky. She was in their usual position, only there wasn't a shoulder to lean on, or an arm to wrap around her.

It was almost as if Michael disappeared from her life over the weekend. The entire week was a repeat; walking alone, eating alone, and watching the stars alone. If it weren't for her science partner, Charity—whom she had more classes with than she was aware of—she might've gone crazy.

Aeryn's phone buzzed and she scrambled to pick it up only to be met with her mother telling her to come home. Sighing, she abandoned the playground. She used to be ecstatic to come to the park than to go to her own home.

The next day, Friday, it was the same thing to no one's surprise.

"Hey, it's almost the weekend," Charity bumped Aeryn's shoulder, but it only reminded her of all the times Aeryn did the same to Michael. As much of a good friend Charity could be, she didn't know anything about her and Michael's friendship. So, that was all she was: a good friend.

"Yeah," Aeryn sighed, gathering her books before exiting the classroom. The dismissal bell rang recently, Aeryn and Charity desperate to go home.

In Aeryn's peripheral vision, she could've sworn she saw a flash of red. Curious, she looked for it. To say she was surprised was to say the least when she saw Michael—her Michael—in a black leather jacket, black hair that faded into dark red, and piercings on full display. He was catcalling a bystander. Not that she minded, she was drooling all over him.

That wasn't her Michael. No, her Michael had fluffy blonde hair, his eyebrows weren't pierced, and his soft sweaters created paws with his hands. Her Michael didn't catcall girls, and he certainly didn't have a line of girls salivating all over him.

Aeryn wasn't sure how long she stared at him before Charity tugged her wrist. Too busy whistling at girls, Michael didn't notice Aeryn looking at him. He wasn't aware of the tear escaping her eye, and he wasn't there to wipe it away. He didn't hear her heart shattering, and he wasn't there to glue it back together.

It wasn't until they walked past him, Aeryn being shoved into his shoulder by his new fanbase, when he spoke to her.

"Hey, watch it," he snapped, turning around to see who bumped into him ever so rudely. Their eyes locked, but it wasn't like the ones they used to have. It wasn't filled with care and love, but instead with repugnance.

Charity tugged on her arm again, but she didn't move. She watched in desolation as he turned his back to her, walking away with all of it; the Michael he is now, the Michael she used to know, the memories they made, their 11 PM walks, and their 3 AM talks. He walked away with all of him, all of them, and all of her.

It amazed Aeryn how quick something could be changed. Taking her and Michael's situation as an example, it only took a week.

The world they built for themselves was nothing more than what used to be.