Chapter 1

Chapter 1

As we ran through the forest, I could feel the little ones falling behind. They weren’t as fast as me, as fast as they would be when they grew up. I could only push them so fast before they get too tired to keep running. I grab them and put them on my back as they shifted back to human they held on to me as tight as they could, not wanting to fall while I ran like the wind trying to get out of our old packs territory before they realized what I had done, who I had taken into my exile with me. As I ran I kept my eyes and ears open to any possible threat, anything that could try and separate me from my little ones. I ran and ran and ran through the forest until I couldn’t run anymore. I ran until I ran out of forest to run through. The little ones had fallen asleep a while back and I wasn’t very far behind them. I had some money and clothes that I could use when I needed it but for now we where just going to sleep in the forest, where we could run and hide at a moments notice. As I shifted back into my human shell I could feel the children roll onto the floor and shift into wolfs. Even the smallest of them could already shift into his beautiful chocolate brown wolf. All in all six of us had escaped the horrors that were our last pack. As I looked at them and let sleep take me I couldn’t help but be glad that we were finally free from not only the arrogant self centered alpha we had but also the abusive and neglectful parents we where saddled with. For the first time in as long as I can remember I went to sleep without any fear of a beating, with out worrying that I had not done something to their unreachable high standards, I went to sleep with out fear and worry that they would go and hit my little sister like they had be doing to me. I slept the sleep of peace.

I awoke with a start ready to attack who ever had made my siblings whimper in fear. In front of me where four wolfs all bigger and mean looking than us. The man in front spoke to me as if he was speaking to a child, a not very bright child. “What are you doing on our property” he said. I just looked at him like I didn’t understand what he was saying to me all the while keeping the children in back of me and telling them to be ready to make a run for it if I said so. The man spoke again “my name is Richard I am the beta of the Firecracker pack and you are trespassing on our territory. This is our omega David and Ed and Rick members of our pack. Can you tell us your name and what you are doing on our territory.” As he was introducing the men with him I was trying to think of a plan to get us out of here. When he was done as I had not come up with a plan yet I said, “We are just passing trough we didn’t know any pack had claim on this territory or we would have asked for permission to pass.”

“Yea the firecracker pack has claim to all off Louisiana and part of Mississippi as well.”

I was shocked “were in Louisiana?”