Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The room was a silent as death making its rounds, not a sound could be heard. If I didn’t see their chest rise and fall I would have thought they had stopped breathing all together.

Then all of a sudden they all jump to their feet and shout “what!” “Your from the Judgment Pack” James practically shouted at me, I just stand there letting them process what I had just said while the pups cowered besides me. “Yes, were from the Judgment Pack, the most ruthless pack to ever grace the North and South America continent.”

They just stand there still no believing what I’m saying to them. “Do you guys need a minute or can we tell you our story now?” I ask seeing as their still in shock.

As I and the pups get comfortable on the couch we wait to see how long it will take their minds to wrap around the bomb shell I just dropped.  It takes them five minutes before they can even start attempting to speak. All you see if their mouths moving up and down but no sound comes out. Finally Cecile basically shouts one word and one word only, “How!”

            As I can see that they are still processing I wait before I start telling them our story. After about 3 more minutes Ryan finally starts to show signs of having processed and started accepting what I had said. The other 3 still seemed to be having a hard time. “Okay?” he clears his throat before attempting to speak again. “How is it that you guys belong to the Judgment Pack? No one ever leaves that pack, let alone lives to tell the world of them. How is it that not only did you leave, but you took 5 pups with you?”

            As I start to speak I can see the other 3 people in the room start to make their way back to their seats, seeing as when they where in shock they kind of moves away from them. “Our parents have a high position in the pack, their not the alpha or the beta but their just as revered as the beta. Some pack members say our parents made a deal with evil itself; with this supposed deal they got power over the very air that we breathe but this great power came at a great cost to them. It is said that they promises evil two things, one their very soul is the source of their great power and second they promised evil their first born son on his 13 birthday” as I say this I hug Jackson to me, “but instead they got me, a girl.”

            “Having a son would have increased their power tremendously, they would have had even more power then they could imagine, but instead I was their first born child but as you can see I am not a son, so I greatly decreased their powers not increased it, not that they decided to tell the pack this. Having a girl ruined their plans of power and greed, so since the day I could walk and I learned to walk before I was 1, they have treated me as their own personal slave, punching bag and target practice all rolled into one.” They gasp as they hear this and as they hear me say it all nonchalantly. “They hated me because I ruined their plans, after they had me it took them almost 7 years to have the son they wanted, Jackson. And every year that they didn’t have a son their power decreased more and more until they where barely holding on to the barest thread of power.”

            “Every year that they didn’t have a son I started getting treated worse and worse. At first it was only the occasional beating, if I forgot to do something, if I didn’t do something to their standards, or if they just felt like it. The second year without a son they started cutting me, at first it was just with regular kitchen knifes, then if was with knifes that only hinted at the silver that they had and finally it was with full on silver coated knifes. The third year without a son they started shooting me and just like with the knife it started with regular bullets, then regular bullets that shattered and released melted silver into my system. Then they were silver coated bullets that exploded on contact and released melted silver into my system until finally they were silver bullets that didn’t explode until I tried to take them out. Finally the fourth year they upgraded to nearly killing me before they brought me back. I was taken to the brink of death at least twice a month with no chance to heal myself before they were doing it again. The last 3 years before they dad a son, they got tired of just them making my like a living hell so they basically gave me to the pack, telling the pack that I would be the reason that they would face annihilation, if we were ever attacked.”

            “Those last 3 years before my brother came, I became everyone’s slave, I became their own personal punching bag, that never complained, that never stayed broken and that wouldn’t leave.” As I’m saying this I can see the tears streaming down Cecile’s face, I can see Ryan, James and Roger with their clenched jaws and rage in their eyes. “When they finally found out that they were expecting a son, they rejoiced. They threw a party to rival all parties. I was 7 when I found out that I was going to have a little brother, someone who was going to love me and care for me like I would for them.” As I’m saying this I’m looking down at Jackson’s face as he looks at mine with suck love that it brings tears to my eyes.