The Hitman (Niam AU)

I pulled out both guns and aimed for his head. My eyes, I could tell were cold as ice. "It's time," I told him with a slightly thick Irish accent.

"Please, please don't," He pleaded with wide eyes.

"I must, I'm sorry," I replied, not letting off the trigger for even a second. "There are things- people -I must protect."

He gave me a look that told me he understood. "I completely understand, do what you need too, Niall," He told me, I felt my eyes soften, I have never in my entire career of being an assassin felt as guilty as I do now.

Bang

~~~

I didn't plan to be a killer, I never planned any of this shit. It started six years ago; I was only thirteen. There was a boy, Josh, he was my first actual love, and yes I know that falling in love at such a young age sounds stupid, but it wasn't. I loved him, but someone didn't want us together.

~~~

(Six years ago)

Lucca Cassidy, the guy who started this all.

"Queers are disgusting," he spat as he stepped on my ribs. "You should all just die!"

I screamed in pain as he twisted his foot into my side. "Stop, please!" I begged, but he didn't stop.

"No, why would I? You are trash," he shouted. "Die!" He stomped on my stomach now, his face held a crocked smile. "Die, Horan, die!"

Before he could land another blow he was tackled by Josh who pinned him to the ground. "Don't you dare lay your filthy on him!" Josh screamed as Luca struggled under his grip.

"Get off me, you fag!" Luca ordered, moving his hand down to his pocket ever so slowly to pull out a small knife.

Josh screamed in pain as the blade dug into his chest and sent him spiraling to the floor. "No!" I screamed, running over to Josh who was laying on the ground and looking as Luca ran the opposite side of the street and into a dark alleyway, disappearing into the darkness.

I looked back at Josh laying there on the ground bleeding out rapidly as he struggled to talk. "N- Niall, I lo- love you." He told me.

I now had tears streaming down my cheeks as he began to pale. "No, no, no, please Josh I need you," I said, distraught.

"No you don't," he said. "But I'll always be wi-" but it was too late, he'd lost to much blood, it was the inevitable.

I let out a loud shriek and sat there with his head in my lap, crying rather loudly.

A man cloaked in black walked up and put a hand on my shoulder. "Come with me," he said.

"W-who ar-"

"No time, just come with me and I promise you'll never lose anyone again," he told me, helping me stand and leading me in to a car.

We arrived a large building, painted a nasty shade of gray.

"This is your new home," The man told me. "My name is Simon, I'll be your instructor. Here you will become a top assassin, I have many students who are just like you," he stared into my now cold blue eyes, a result of what I had just witnessed.

"Do you object?" He asked, giving me a look that told me to answer straight away. I didn't ask questions.

"No, I will join you," I said.

"Good, let's get started."

~~~

(Present day)