5: Under the sea

A/N: I'm sorry guys I've been enjoining my summer so much but I promise I'll try to update more.

Song of the chapter: Treasure By Bruno Mars.

_______________________

5: Under the sea

The button for the feature was kept under a glass cube that was to be lifted up if ever in need to submerge the jet in water. It's hard to miss considering it's bright yellow and has "submerge" under it. I slammed my palm down and the jet dropped- nose first -into the deep blue of Mother Sea. The wings retracted as did the tale, and out came smaller wings that helped us glide smoothly under the salty waves. Boosters shot from the back of the sub and we began talking off.

"Keep all eyes on the monitors, boys," I said.

"They're picking up a very faint trace of metal coming from eighty miles directly ahead," Liam said as we steered clear of the sharp, jagged, rough rocks prodding from the ocean floor.

"It could be an old ship," I say this whilst slowly tracing my fingers over the monitors.

"That's no ship," Rory says, referring to the giant metal structure slowly coming into focus, small windows on the middle of each metal plate protecting the building inside.

"Whoa, what the hell is that?" Liam asked, peering out of the glass like an infant attracted to a shiny new toy.

"That, my friend, is the lab that is oh so fond of Rory and I," I said with a dirty scowl at the protective metal plates surrounding a building made up of stone, wood, and steel.

"How is the wood not rotting away? I mean, we're under water."

"They've probably got somethin' protectin' it from that sea water."

My subconscious was metaphorically begging to get the hell out of the water, but I simply could not do it.

"Niall?" Liam asked, his look baring a great amount of concern. "You've been looking at the lab for like, five minutes. Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. I'm pissed," Liam seemed to be taken aback and Rory was giving me a look of fear.

"Ye know," he started, "ye can be pretty scary when ye want."

"Aren't you angry?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Yeah, but yer eyes hold the look of just, pure murder."

I scuffed, "They always do."

This time the cane no reply, but instead the sound of metal clanking, like gears grinding and saws shredded, the panel flew down and into a metal camber before the words "Welcome home" popped up on a giant television screen.

That's really what pissed me off. This is no home of mine. This is where I was poked and prodded with needles and syringes filled with some kind of mutated DNA. It's disgusting. 

"Tsk. Home my arse," I spat.

"Obviously you're upset."

"Wow, Liam. Way to point out the most obvious thing ever," I gave him a glare.

"Should we...?" Rory trailed.

"Trap?" Liam asked.

"Trap," I confirmed.