Chapter 14: Am I Human?

Okay, I'm really gonna start trying harder to put these chapters out. There might be a break every once in a while, but don't worry I'll be sure to let you know. Also, there'll be some Niam smut in your future (;

Chapter 14: Am I Human?

SOTC: Gasoline by Halsey

Warning: Language

~~~

Niall

"What the hell happened down in that basement!?" Simon asked as we walked into his office. "First I find out that all our agents were put to sleep, then I try to contact you, next thing I know the security systems go back to  normal."

"Calm down and let me explain," I said, I began explaining everything that happened while we were down in the basement of the agency, leaving out the part about being "special".

"You should have seen Niall!" Harry said excitedly. "He took on that big guy like nobody's business, if it were anyone else they'd probably be dead."

"It wasn't easy, then again it's not like I have any scars to prove myself."

"So, what's next?" Louis asked, getting up from his seat, stepping around to Harry's side.

"We have find out who these people are, Simon," Liam said seriously.

"I know, but first we have to find Daniel Rodes, he's been using his powers to hurt people, badly."

"What do you mean?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"He's been creating plasma balls, using them to kill innocent people. I'm guessing all that power went over his head, that or he just can control it."

"I'm really hoping it's the second one," Liam said.

"Who's gonna be taking on this one?" Zayn asked from the corner, leaning back in his chair with his feet on Simon's desk.

"Well, you know me. I like to have a classic duo. Liam and Niall, this ones yours."

"Yay us," Liam said uneasily.

"Don't worry, I'll be like your knight in shining armor or something," I said, cracking a small smile.

"When do we leave?" He rolled his eyes at me jokingly.

"You've had a long day, leave first thing in the morning, it's pretty late now so I'd suggest you go to bed."

That night I'd decided to spend in my room, alone. I didn't want Liam to be able to see me, my vulnerable state, tear stained cheeks as I softly sobbed with my knees to my chest, curled up on my bed.

I'm such a freak, I thought. What the hell did that Lavender woman mean? I can't die, can't feel pain, can't age? Am I even fucking human? These thoughts just made me cry harder. 

That's how I fell asleep, face red, cheeks wet as I cried myself to sleep.

~~~

"Good morning, beautiful," Liam greeted as I walked into the kitchen area, making a shy smile form on my face.

"Hey," I said, a blush forming. "Morning."

"Sleep well?"

"Like a baby," I lied.

"That's good because you'll both need it," we turned to the voice at the doorway.

"Good morning to you too, Simon."

"Good morning, boys. You'll be leaving in about an hour and a half so eat a good breakfast, and pack enough gear to last you this trip."

"Yessir," Liam jokingly saluted.