Chapter 10: Past, Present, Future

It's been a long time. I'm so sorry for not updating, but with all this school and procrastination to get work done it's been hard. But without further ado here's chapter 10.

Chapter 10: Past, Present, Future

SOTC: DNA by Little Mix

_________________

Niall-

We jumped into one of the agency cars speeding off to the abandoned apartment complex.

'Niall take a sharp right on the next turn,' Simon told me through my intercom.

"Alright," I said, turning the wheel with heavy force.

"Whoa!" Liam shouted as the car tilted slightly.

"We should be coming up on it now," I told Simon.

'I've sent some backup, they should arrive in the next 30 minutes or so,' he said.

"By the time they get there we'll already be done."

"Hopefully," Liam added.

We pulled up to an old building. With a rusted gate and molded doors. It was a big place, obviously not a normal apartment complex.

"Holy shit," Liam said, "what kind of apartment is the big?"

"One that only rich people live in."

"This place gives me the chills."

All the things we've seen and this is what gives him the chills? That's not something I'd expect from a former FBI agent, but I guess it can't be helped.

We walked into the building to find a huge lobby and check in desk.

"This is a hotel."

"I can see that," I said, looking around. "Simon, this isn't an apartment building, it's a hotel."

'Hold on,' he said. 'Says here that it was remodeled after 1944.'

"For what rea-" I stopped my sentence and hit the floor as fast as I could move. "This arsehole and his flying knives."

"Niall!" Liam shouted, pulling his gun from the holster as Howard came down one of the main hallways.

"Whoever the disgusting human beings are that created you should be dug up from their graves, shot, and reburied," I said, pulling out my guns. "You fucking creepy bastard."

"Well, what a mouth you have on you kid," The man said, licking his machete.

"Howard Slash- whatever. Your time of murder is over. You've killed one too many innocent people. And now, I'm gonna beat your pitiful body into the ground."

"Niall, we should be careful with this one," Liam said, looking cautiously over Howard.

"Right."

"Try all you want," Howard said before disappearing.

"What the-?" I was cut off by a hard kick to the back.

"Let's play."

"Oh, that is it, you creep!" I shouted running at him.

"Damn he's fast," he said as I threw a hard punch to his face, sending him tumbling toward Liam who kicked him back. We did this back and forth like a game of FIFA.

"Enough of this," I said, kicking Howard's face so hard that he hit the floor leaving a crack in a glossy tile.

"Argh!" He shouted, doing a little bounce off the floor.