{1}Childhood Bestfriend

"Cade! My man!!" I hear my friends shout at me. We all exchange a handshake we made up in the 10th grade then carried on throughout the halls.

"I hooked up with that chick,Lisa with the red hair last week and I've gotta hand it to her,she is a freak in the sheets." I listen to my friends take turns talking about the girls they hooked up with over the summer. 

"Woah who is that?!" My friends say in sync and I turn to look.

I stared in shock at the familiar sight infront  of me. Tan legs,wavy dirty blonde hair,beautiful ocean blue eyes....I hadn't seen her in years,yet I immediately got an anxious knot in the pit of my stomach when her eyes locked with mine. A look of excitement fell over her face as she ran towards me.

My friends stared in awe as she leaped into my arms and attactched herself to me with her legs wrapped around my hips and I held the underneath of her thighs to keep her from falling as she squeezed her tiny arms around my neck. She finally released my neck and I stared into her eyes still curious if I was seeing correctly. Madison fucking Jones,my best friend since the 3rd grade.

"Did you miss me?" She smiled brightly from ear to ear before hopping down and I was still processing whether her being here was a good thing or bad. A lot had changed since she left.

"Why don't you look excited to see me?!"

"I am. You just,you caught me by surprise." I reassure her.

"Aheem!" The guys cleared their throats loudly to get my attention and I laughed a little.

"Guys,this is Maddie.." I say slowly,but didn't get to finish before Tyson interrupted.

"You're kidding right?" Tyson asked with a shocked expression.

"This is the Madison Jones? The girl you used to mope about everyday in the 10th grade?" He laughed.

"The one and only." Maddie smiled bigly.

"Cade wasn't kidding when he said you were hot." Gavin said. He was either attempting to flirt with Maddie or trying to embarrass me.

"Okay guys that's enough." I finally interrupt and give my friends a stern look so that they know I'm not messing around.

"So what have I missed?" She asked,her eyes full of joy. I can't believe she's right here in front of me. I thought I'd never see her again.

"Not much." I lie. I couldn't break the news that her childhood bestfriend is now a cold hearted fuck boy. I've never felt bad for the things I've done but with Maddie here I'm suddenly regretting every girl I've ever slept with.

"Let's have a movie night and catch up?" She asked while I was still deep in thought.

"Hello? Earth to Cade?!"

"Sorry,yeah that sounds great." I tell her and she nods.
••••••••••••••

"Where's Gavin and Madison?" I ask Tyson who was stuffing his face with pizza.

"Probably somewhere with his hand in her pants." He said with his mouth full.

"Hey guys." I hear Maddie say behind us and I turn to see Gavin walking behind her.

"Where were you two?"

"Gavin was showing me.." She began but Tyson interrupted.

"His dick." Tyson finished her sentence.

"The library." She corrected.

"Movies at Cade's 6 pm?" Maddie asked and the guys nodded.
••••••••••••

"Remember The Titans??" Maddie called from the floor of my bedroom. She had been digging for movies for 30 minutes now.

"I brought popcorn!" I hear Gavin yell from downstairs.

"I brought condoms!" Tyson tossed a handful of condoms at me and I shook my head.

"Thanks." Gavin said,grabbing a condom and shoving it into his pocket. I watched him glance over at Maddie and I scowled.

"Rocky Balboa,it is then." We all head to the living room and pile on the couch. Maddie sat between Gavin and I,while Tyson sat in the recliner,hogging the popcorn.

"It's cold." Maddie whispered half way into the movie.

"I'll get a blanket." Gavin threw a blanket over the two of them and I mentally cursed him and myself. I had taught him all these tricks and now he's using them on my bestfriend. I just hoped Maddie was smart enough to see past them.

"What're you doing?" I hear Maddie whisper to Gavin and I hoped he wasn't trying to do what Im thinking he was. He chuckled deeply and Maddie shook her head before giggling.

"Who wants pizza rolls?!" Maddie suddenly jumped up and threw the cover off her and Gavin changed positions quickly.

"I do." Tyson followed Maddie to the kitchen and I punched Gavin hard in the thigh.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked and he gave me a confused face.

"What're you doing with Maddie?"

"Nothing.."

"Keep your hands out from under the blanket with her or I'll break every one of your fingers." I threatened and he threw his hands up in surrender.

"I didn't go any farther than her thigh,chill." He told me and I shook my head as Maddie sat beside me instead of between Gavin and I.

"Pizza rolls?" She asked us both and I grabbed one as she un-paused the movie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My mom said I can spend the night." Maddie said as she flopped onto my bed. The movie was already over and I was sitting on the bean bag chair with Gavin and Tyson playing games.

"My turn." Maddie announced as Tyson's player got his head blown off.

"Boom! I beat your high score again!" She shouted and threw down the controller. Gavin half fived her and I threw popcorn at them.

"I call the bed." She said as I unplugged the game controllers.

"I call the couch!" Tyson grabbed the bowl of popcorn and left.

"I've got to head home." Gavin yawned and hugged Maddie before he left.

"Ugh,I'm too tired to shower." She groaned. She stripped off her clothes and put on one of my shirts before crawling into bed. Her body had changed a lot from the last time I had seen her so I resisted the urge to stare.

"Goodnight Cade." She whispered,her head rested beneath my arm.

"Goodnight Maddie." I responded while we both drifted to sleep.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note-

What do you think of the story/characters so far? Feel free to correct any grammatical errors you may find in the comment section. Any ships?¿
Give me feedback on things you love/hate! I love CONSTRUCTIVE criticism,it helps me grow as a writer!

<The picture above is who I have imagined to be Madison! Let me know if you had someone else in mind!>

(I do not own any photos that are posted and do not know whom they belong to or I would give credit! If you know,lmk and I'll be sure to credit them!)

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!

                            <3   
       L.L