{3}Family Fun Day

"Cadeeee! Wake uppppp!!!" I open my eyes slightly to see Maddie hovering above me with my phone.

From Mom: Meet us at Mount Russle ,It's family fun day! Bring Maddie!

"I am not hiking." I laugh and she rolled her eyes and dragged me into the kitchen with her.

"Im cooking ham and cheese omelets then we are going to meet your parents." She stated and I stared at her blankly.

"What?" She asked and I dramatically put a hand on her shoulder.

"You're insane." I remove my hand from her shoulder and she hands me two eggs.

"Crack those in the frying pan then go put some clothes on." She slapped my bare chest gently and I dragged my half asleep body upstairs.

"Breakfast is served my child." Maddie plopped onto the stool beside and I started stuffing my face.

"Slow down you're gonna choke!" She slapped my chest and I pretended to choke.

"I told you! Wait,what do I do?" She began to panic and stood on her toes behind me attempting to squeeze her arms around me. Attempted.

"I got you so good!" I started laughing and she punched me in the shoulder.

"I hope you choke." She spat and I started fake coughing and gagging which earned me an evil glare.

"I hate you." She seethed,tossing her fork into the sink,pretending she was playing basketball.

"You love me."

"I do,but I hate you more." I wrapped my arms around her to give her a bear hug and she squealed.

"Let go or else." She warned.

"What're you gonna do about it?" I teased and suddenly her tongue licks my arm.

"What the hell!" She bursts into laughter,almost falling out her stool.

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded,skipping off to the car.

"This is my fight song! Blah blah blah blah  blah.." she sang the first line and mumbled the rest,obviously not knowing any other lyrics.

"We're here." I announced and Maddie eagerly got out the car.

"Maddie,dear! You've grown so much!" My mom embraced Maddie in a hug and ran her hands through her hair. My mom and dad have always treated Maddie like their own.

"You coming?" I hadn't noticed they had already started walking before Maddie tapped me.

"Wow." I hear Maddie gasp and she's staring at the waterfall while my parents are already far ahead. I stood beside her as she let the mist from the waterfall sprinkle her face. She looked beautiful with the drops of water in her hair. I quickly looked away when I noticed I was staring. We started walking again and Maddie was a short distance behind me.

"I'm..tired." She panted out,taking a sip from her water bottle.

"Oh no." Me and Maddie said in unison as rain suddenly poured around us.

"Oh my god!!" Madison squealed as a loud crackle of thunder filled the air. Before I could stop it,she was on her butt in a mud puddle. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute and distressed she looked. I finally reached out a hand to help her up and she yanked me down with her.

"What'd you do that for? I was trying to help you!" I laughed and she smiled big.

"If I'm going to look like an idiot,so are you!" She laughed. She tried to wipe the mud away from her eyes,but just slathered even more mud on them. I used my hand that didn't have but a drop of mud on it to wipe it for her and she giggled. I helped her out of the mud and she laid her head on my shoulder as we walked.

"What happened to you two?" My mom laughed as she met us at the car. We didn't answer and instead started laughing.

"So why do good girls like bad guys?
I had this question for a real long time
I've been a bad boy and it's plain to see
So why do good girls fall in love with me?" Maddie sang while I drove.

••••

"Can I ask you something?" Maddie asked while we were laying on the bed in a comfortable silence. Maddie had been cramming her mouth with pizza rolls while I played my phone.

"Yeah sure."

"Do you think Gavin is a good guy?" I stayed silent,I didn't want to answer. Gavin and I are close,but I know what a player he is.

"Cade?" She asked again and I shrugged.

"He seems nice." She answered her own question before making a dramatic sigh as she moved to get off the bed. However;Madison getting off the bed can never just be simple. She tumbled right off onto her back. I laughed so hard tears were forming in my eyes while she laid in the floor pretending I was the devil.

"You're such an ass! Haven't you ever heard of helping a lady up!?" She slapped my leg that was hanging off the bed.

"You should really shave your legs." She yanked at the hairs on my leg and I made an ow sound.

"I'm not gay."

"Prove it." She tested and I rolled away from her. I would if you'd let me..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note-

What do you think of Maddie's relationship with Cade and his family?

What do you think of the story/characters so far? Feel free to correct any grammatical errors you may find in the comment section. Any ships?¿
Give me feedback on things you love/hate! I love CONSTRUCTIVE criticism,it helps me grow as a writer!

<3
L.L