4. a disco nap

the next morning i walked downstairs and kissed lip on the cheek as i got some cereal and sat next to him

"morning." fiona said as she walked downstairs.

"hey." ian said to his sister as he sat at the table.

"jimmy gonna come down to make us breakfast?" carl asked.

"he's sleeping in. eat your cereal." fiona said.

"wore him out, huh?" lip asked making me grin and smack his arm.

"you too. eat your cereal." fiona told him.

"i'm spoiled now. need an omelet." carl said as emma rolled her eyes.

"you don't always need an omelet, carl." emma said sitting next to ian.

"so uh, how's the club night thing coming?" lip asked his older sister.

"gonna be a big success. probably make enough money to roll it into another one. take out a small loan. really get things going. what's wrong, debs?" fiona asked her sister as she walked downstairs.

"got home late. baby sitting." debbie replied.

"so the ghetto girl thinks she can live the american dream, huh?" lip asked fiona.

"maybe it's my time, lip." fiona replied.

"oh, you see, it doesn't work like that, sis. cause when you're poor, only way to make money is to steal it or scam it. like don king or joe kennedy." lip said.

"daddy's home. brought friends." frank announced.

"howdy." someone said dropping something on the living room floor.

"hey, that's my bike." ian said.

"doesn't really work anymore." frank told him.

"yeah, because you bent the rim, frank. and where's the seat?" ian asked.

"that's why it hurt so much when i rode it. come on, fellas, get some brekkie. soak up the alcohol." frank said as they walked into the kitchen.

"since when does he have friends?" i asked lip.

"it won't last long." lip replied as i drank my coffee.

"do you have sourdough?" franks friend asked fiona.

"hey! this is our food!" fiona told him.