3. property tax bill

fiona broke the news to lip that she didn't have the money for the property tax bill and lip got angry

fiona broke the news to lip that she didn't have the money for the property tax bill and lip got angry. fiona had used the money to promote her club night.

while all the other kids were gone to school, lip and i were off getting some community service hours. we were both picking up garbage and after a good two hours i was already ready to quit.

"why they got you two doing this, man?" a guy asked us.

"B and E, theft and assault." lip said.

"same here." i said picking up some garbage with my stick.

"nice." the guy replied.

"you?" lip asked the guy.

"hit a kid with a brick. kind of broke his face." the guy replied.

"hey, how many hours you get for that?" lip asked.

"fifty." he replied.

"that doesn't sound so bad." i told him.

"yeah, shit, man, we got 120." lip said.

"least there's always someone with some weed." the guy said as i looked up and saw a car pull up.

"hey, you got some weed?" the guy asked.

"depends who's asking." i told him.

"i'm asking." the guy replied.

"ten bucks a joint." lip told him as the guy pulled out ten dollars and they exchanged stuff.

"see, what'd i tell you?" the guy said.

"what's with them?" i said seeing a bunch of people carrying plants and wearing matching t shirts.

"yeah, what's up with the geek squad?" lip asked.

"is that the fucking cast of glee?" the guy asked.

"look like a bunch of do gooders." lip pointed out.

"more like a bunch of gonna get their ass kicked ers." the guy said making me laugh.

after we picked up garbage for another hour we finally went out on break and lip and i went and smoked a joint with the other guy.

"any of you ever shoot crack?" he asked us.

"no." lip and i said in unison.