Prologue

Cold.

What was an understatement

Brooklyn New York, in December, in 2011, was more than cold.

Especially if you're a 9 year old girl living under a park bench with nothing but a tattered army jacket.

Cold was an overstatement.

Especially if you're a 100 year old super soldier who has just been thawed out of an ice block after 70 years.

But this is how this story starts. With the cold.

He had bought her a hot chocolate.

And she was scared of him.

But after some convincing her drank it.

The next day she got two hot chocolates.

Two hot chocolates turned into a quick lunch down at a diner, which then turned into a large lunch down at a restaurant.

This turned into a new army jacket, a blanket, and a back-pack.

And then he had to leave, he hide her in a motel in upstate New York, while he went to battle aliens back home.

He returned and dropped her back off at a new park bench. With a new haircut and a fresh set of clothes.

The lunch meetings contuined, and the pair contuined to get to know each other.

When the girl was 12, he left again, to help an old friend of his. But he returned, just like he always did.

But his time he returned with a studio apartment in Queens already paid for, so she could attend school.

Attending school quickly turned into her being offered a scholarship to Midtown Middle: School of Science and Technique

And the pair began meeting for lunch on weekends.

After a science fair project gone wrong, the girl was heavily shocked by an electrified magnet.

And after some testing by a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist,

It was revealed to the trio that the girl had developed Magnetokinesis, or Magnetism Manipulation

After some intense arguing, it was agreed that the girl would not have any involvement in Avenger activity until she was older and trained.

the homeless girl from Brooklyn was taken in by the many superheroes around her, and for once, she had a home.