6.

"Okay, girls. Come give me hugs!" I shouted from the foyer. I waited as they ran over from the family room and gave them hugs and kisses.

"Me and Auntie Tay are going shopping and G-Ma will be here in about ten minutes. Can you guys not kill each other until then?" They didn't give me an answer so I just pretended they did so I could leave.

"Well, okay, then." I said awkwardly. "Roe. I love you, I'll be back before you know it." I said giving her extra love.

She nodded and went upstairs to her room.

She's still battling the RTS symptoms but she's getting better.

I left the house and hopped in my car. I am meeting up with my good friend Tamar who I've known since I moved out here. Thank God we met, we are inseparable. Aside from my busy schedule lately, we're normally always talking.
~
"Girl, how you just ignore me for three weeks? I thought you loved me?" She whined. She held onto her chest pretending to be hurt by my absence.

"Shut up, I have just been dealing with some things at home and stuff." I vaguely said. Not only is she gonna be pissed when I tell her about Monroe's situation, but when she hears about Bryan... she'll shit bricks.

"Monroe had a pregnancy scare but it turns out she was raped and now she's battling RTS and it sucks." I said quickly. Rip the bandaid off quick and it'll hurt less, right?

She was about to pop off when I hit her again. "And I met this guy at the club who I'm in a somewhat serious flirtationship or situationship with. His name is Bryan and I think I like him but I'm trying not to because... well I don't know why, but yeah."

She stared at me with a dumbfounded look. I knew I was about to intake a storm so I just waited.

"First off, you're lucky I don't whoop ya ass for not telling me about my baby girl. After I cuss ya ass out right now, I'm going to ya house and I'm checking on my girl. How could you not tell me about her getting raped? That's serious, T."

I looked away and continued to slurp on my smoothie. I knew it was wrong but I didn't want to put Roe's business out like that.

"Second off, you better stop playing and get some dick. Does he like you?" She asked.

"Yes and... I already had some." I said lowly, too low, she didn't hear me. "Huh?"

"We already... ya know."

"Ooohhhhhhh! Okay, yeah, so what the fuck is the hold up?"

"We aren't dating, first off, but last week, we were hanging out in the theatre room and we were sharing our stories to each other once again and we kind of just agreed on not talking for a while to see when or if we do, if the time we spent apart was an 'I miss you' in a friendly way or a relationship kinda way."

There goes that dumb look again.

"You mighta found someone as stupid as you. It sounds like a match made in heaven to me." She said before taking a sip out of her drink before putting a hundred dollars on the table. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"You bouta go home and call that man, and Imma check on my Monroe. Let's go and I ain't gonna say it a third time Toni Michele."
~
"Monroe, Jett. Auntie Tay is here!" Tamar said announcing herself as we walked into the house.

I hope Rhonda left already because her and Tamar in the same space is not always the greatest idea. We all learned that two thanksgivings ago.

"Lord, Toni why you bring that loud child up in this house." I heard Rhonda say from the kitchen. Great.

"Tuh! Loud? I'll show that old–" I covered Tamar's mouth and pointed upstairs. "Roe should be up there, go and behave." I told her before letting her go. She mumbled some cuss words as she went upstairs and into Monroe's room.

"Sorry about her Rhon, she wanted to check up on Monroe." I said entering the kitchen. "That smells amazing, though."

Rhon was whipping up some good ole' gumbo. Her gumbo is literally touched by god himself. Truly a blessing.

"Someone's tryna reach you, fatty." She said snapping me out my foodgasm. I checked my phone and was more than excited to pick it up.

"It thought I was gonna call you first."

"It's been a week and a half. I needed to talk to my shawty." He said sounding stressed.

"Oh, sure. I just thought we were sticking to the pac we made." He sounds stressed over the phone and I know his job is crazy enough to make him snap.

He let out a sigh and apologized. "I know, I just.. I'm stressed. And I missed talking to you."

I could feel my heart melt. I never knew I was this mushy.

"Same here, so how have you been?"
———————————————————————————
Hey yall❤️