Dear Ben

We were meant to be together.

Do you like this light saber? I feel as though it would be so much fun for you! I assumed it would be red, but you never told me what yours actually looks like

Do you like this light saber? I feel as though it would be so much fun for you! I assumed it would be red, but you never told me what yours actually looks like. My apologies for the poor art, but I haven't had much time to practice lately with all of my other classes.

Speaking of, I've learned a lot about anatomy in my classes lately and I've taken a real interest in it. Perhaps I could serve the First Order as a medic or even a doctor. I've been tasked to memorize all the facial nerves and their positions as well as how to pin each one and block it's ability to sense pain. Isn't that amazing? I hope that I can become of use to someone or something.

...Did that distract you? Because I desperately want to relieve you of those awful feelings you have. If I could come to you, I would. Every day I think of you. I've tried to draw you as well... but that hasn't been coming along so well. Also... I haven't seen you in years. Not even a picture. Definitely not a hologram message, although I much prefer written letters. I miss you. Attached, I sent a picture of me. I hope that you enjoy it. Although I look much different now, I hope that you still see me as your friend. I remember how good you are at drawing; maybe you could draw yourself! Or me!

As we grow older and older, I feel as though I've developed new emotions that I've never felt before. When I think of you at night... Nevermind, it's too embarrassing-- forget I said it. Are there any Jedi there that you find yourself thinking about? Perhaps one you would want to build a family with? I know you call me your wife but in all reality, we haven't even seen each other in so long, perhaps we would no longer get along. These are the things I worry about.

My worries are nothing like yours however. While I have girlish fantasies and worries about my future, you write about feelings of despair. I should like to comfort you, however much me saying that does. I hear you. I am listening to you while you speak to me about your concerns and I don't diminish them as some people might. You are trying to hard to fit into this pre-cast mold for you. A perfect, prodigal Jedi who is ultimately and entirely dedicated to the Light Side. But I have said it before and I will keep saying it: people do not fit so neatly into these categories. And people like me don't seem to fit in to either. But where ever you end up, please know that I would love nothing more than to be by your side.

Always There For You,
Future Mrs. Solo