A Late Night Visit Chapter 6

-Shane's POV-

The man in the yellow Aston Martin turned his head slightly. Straight away I could tell that it was Sawyer.

Lisa was leaving me for Sawyer... again.

First Joey now Lisa? My life was slowly crumbling around me and I was only beginning to notice that.

The yellow Aston Martin sped down the street.

I took a deep breath. And turned around. The paramedics were finally putting Joey into a body bag. It saddened me to see that the only people there were camera crew, police and medics.

I turned to start walking to my car when suddenly I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to see that there was no one standing there. I shook it off and got in my car.

-At the house-

When I unlocked the door I was greeted by silence. Lisa must've dropped by the house to take her things before running away with Sawyer. I threw my car keys on the table and walked to the bedroom.

I changed into my pyjamas and crawled under my covers.

"Why?" I whispered to myself," Why is this happening?"

I could feel a tear trickle down my face.

"Oh my God! Stop feeling so sorry for yourself!" a flamboyant voice said.

"Lisa? Is that you?" I squinted my eyes so I could try see them in the dark.

"Do I sound like Lisa?!" the voice retorted in a playful manner.

"Lemme turn the lights on," I replied turning on my side to turn on the bedside lamps, wiping my tears.

"Now can you see me?" the voice laughed.

I gasped,"Joey?" I sat up in the bed," J-Joey! It's you!" I could feel the tears coming back.

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes.

"I-I-I thought you you passed..." I said, shocked.

"You hurt me Shane," he replied, changing the subject."

"But Joey, they were only words," I replied quietly.                                           

"Only words!?"his voice started to crack," Your words were a knife and they killed me," he pointed his finger at me and started to cry.

"I'm sorry. I really am. It's just that I couldn't tell Lisa the truth about us. It was too soon," I replied feeling terrible.

"That's bullshit. You said we were nothing and that you hated me. You were too scared to tell Lisa that you're gay and that's why you said you said those things. Am I right?" his voice went from sad to furious.

"Yes," I admitted, " Yes, you're right." I lowered my head and felt the tears roll down my nose.

"That's all I needed to hear," he replied, smiling.

Before I could ask anymore questions, he disappeared.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep feeling horrible.

-Shane's dream-

"I don't love you, infact I don't even like you. Your scars are a sign of your weakness and that's disgusting. I'm happy that I've realized all this now. Now that there's a definite chance of you dying."

I could see myself. I looked pissed off for some reason.

I looked at my surroundings and I discovered that I was in the hospital. I looked down and saw I was in hospital overalls. Was I seeing through Joey in the last hours of his life?

" I-I-I thought we had something special..." I said without realizing it.

"Something special? Are you blind?! You mean nothing to me!" I retorted in a disgusted manner.

 After that my body felt numb and everything went black.

I woke up in an empty hospital room. It was spine tinglingly quiet. Not the peaceful quiet but the sad quiet that you experience when you're alone. I started to cry due to the loneliness. The warm tears streamed down my face. I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to feel a stong gust of cold wind against my skin. I hesitated when I realized that I was standing on the hospital roof. I looked over the edge, there wasn't many people.

Before I knew it I was standing on the edge with my arms spread out, " Open the gates of Heaven, I'm coming, " I whispered to myself as I jumped. I didn't feel the cold wind anymore. I was now experiencing a gush of warmth surging through my body. Even though I was plummeting to my death, I've never felt more alive. I enjoyed the feeling of freedom while it lasted as I soon hit the ground.

I lost my sight for a while. I opened my eyes to find myself floating over my own body. I was smiling.

I could see myself and Lisa. I started to cry and Lisa patted my back as she stared at Sawyer across the street. She seemed to mouth something to him. She looked at me unsympathetically an ran into Sawyer's arms.

When the police men came to take pictures of my lifeless body, I could see myself walking away. I quickly flew over to myself and rested my hand on my shoulder. I could see myself quickly turn and look me in the eye then hesitate and slowly walk away.

~~~~~~~

-Shane's POV-

I came back to reality. It was just all a dream, a strange one infact. I pushed my bed covers off and sat on the edge of my bed. I put my head in my hands, "I'm so sorry Joey, " I whispered to myself, " I was a real fucking asshole to you in your last hours." I stopped talking when I heard noise coming from my kitchen. I stood up from my bed and slowly walked to the door. I put my hand on the handle and pushed down on it.

I was hit with the smell of eggs and the beautiful voice of Lana Del Rey. There was also the sound of pans clattering together and someone humming along to Born to Die.

I turned the corner and found myself in the kitchen.

"Who are yo-"

"Hey, you're up," it was Joey. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Wha-? What do you mean?" I stood still, unable to accept this.

"What do you mean what do I mean?!" he laughed, nuzzling his head on my shoulder.

"Yo-you're de-d-dead," I shook my head.

"Shane. Are you okay?" he pulled away looking at me as if I was crazy.

"Bu-bu-but."

He pursed his lips," You're probably overwhelmed from planning the wedding," he smiled.

"Wedding?" I looked at my hand to see an engagement ring.

He put his hand in front of my face, showing off his ring.

~~~~~~~

Oh my God.

That was confusing!  XD

Read the next chapter to see what happens next ;)

And don't forget to follow my instagram @dem_shoey_feels

♥♥♥♥