Chapter 9. A Hunt

The new cover has been amazingly created by ViolentPurple girl has some real talent! Check her out if you need any covers created!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The one who appeared to be the leader disappeared as more and more of these hunters started to pile out of the warehouse like building that we were once trapped in and started to crowd around all three of the cages. We huddled together, safety in numbers I assume was going through all of our minds. Although we all know that we did this subconsciously without thinking, just the need to be close to protect each other.

I watched them with cautious and curious eyes, eying them like a hawk. Watching, calculating each of their movements. I watched as they bickered and bantered with each other, I observed money exchange hands and someone writing things down in a little black book.

What they were writing down, I had no idea.

All while they watched us with hungry eyes, eyes that were assessing us, looking for weak points and easy targets. These monsters moved around the cages taking there time looking at us. Some were pointing into the cages letting the others know that that one was 'off limits' whatever they mean by that.

The only thing I knew was that whatever they had in store was not good, they look too happy, there was something dark in their eyes but there is something even darker in their hearts.

That is what scares me about them. I could feel all of the wolves around me stiffen at times and bristle up, we didn't like being looked at like this, it wasn't right, and it wasn't sitting right with any of us.

I still couldn't comprehend how people that were meant to be a bedtime story were really here, they took us and kidnapped us, but then again, we are nothing but a bedtime story for humans.

Everything from our nightmares, supernatural and humans alike, everything we fear and what we thought was fake is very real. And no amount of wishing otherwise can ever change that fact.

The wolves of our group kept trying to push us younger ones into the centre of it, trying to shield us from the monsters who were almost licking there lips while they watched us.

But they didn't shield us from them, they couldn't they would search through the gaps to find us and eye us down.

I made eye contact with the same one from earlier, his eyes looked black and soulless, he was a smaller pudgy man from what I could see, and his hair was ragged shouting up in all different directions. As if he didn't know what a hairbrush was. He gave me a wicked and vile smile that made me sick to my stomach, he was missing a few teeth that must have been knocked out in petty fights and brawls. The look he gave me made my skin shiver, I moved closer to my brothers hoping that they could shield me from that creepy monster. There was something incredibly off with that man, with all of them.

Wooden torches were being lit up with flames, leading up to a stage where there apparent leading was standing there waiting, still looking vile with his lanky build, jet black hair tied back into a pony tail, a scar running down his cheek sent more shivers up my spine, it end above his eye, but that eye was white, it was an eye that was blinded, a contrast of his mossy green one next to it. But nothing could scare me more then the vile smile that he wore. He wore it as if he was death himself who was coming to claim his souls.

He cleared his throat while clapping his hands, drawing all of the attention towards him and thankfully away from us. We all let out a deep breathe of air relaxing the slightest bit, but still being alert but not as on edge as we were when they were looking at us with those hungry and angry eyes.