Chapter 39. Your Perfect Timing

Everything feels heavy as I attempt to bring myself back to the land of the living. Everything besides my right arm, it feels light and tingly. I can't remember what happened to me. All I know is that it was bad.

My head feels scattered as I try to remember what happened, I can remember going to meet Alice seeing her and Zane meet knowing that they are mates and the rest well... it's a blur.

Sounds are starting to sneak their way into my mind drawing me to wherever I am right now. I cannot make out any words yet my ears feel blocked, but I can hear growls, snarls and raised voices. I swear on my life I can hear a door slam at the same time the light feeling in my body leaves.

Without it I want to crawl back to the darkness but my wolf is coming back as well and she refuses to let us go anywhere. It is as if she knows this secret that I do not.

I can hear crying coming from somewhere near me as I fight to get up and make my presence known. My wolf lends me all of the strength she can muster she wants us up and about but I struggle. I cannot even open my eyes yet. This is torture, my mind is awake but my body wont cooperate with what I want.

What I need...

The more I try to fight this the further away I slip from my goal. I can hear the faint noise of a commotion around me before I hear yelling "EVERYONE OUT!" A voice that chills me to the bone silences everything around me and I feel everyone leave me even the weird feeling in my arm disappears.

Without that feeling I slip away much to the dismay of my wolf.

I don't know how long I am living in this darkness for it feels like forever. I hear small bits and pieces as I fight for control, as I fight to get my body to do what my mind wants. Ever so slowly the wolf in me grows stronger and she lends me her strength, but there is only so much she can do. Ultimately it's up to me. I feel ready but my body is letting me down.

I'm going insane like this. I'm so close yet so far away this distance and not knowing what is happening is driving my mind insane. Small things are starting to come back to me. I remember being scared, I remember running but it's what I don't know that kills me.

Are my friends safe? Are they alright? Is everyone alive and well? Have we made too Alices' pack? Will she even still be there if she is Zanes' mate or will she be gone by the time I wake from this nightmare of a slumber.

My wolf growls and snarls out more and more as I continue to stay like this. She feels uneasy that she knows something but she can't communicate to me and it worries me.

She snaps at my mind. I put all of my effort into moving a finger if I can move a small twitch even just to get someone to notice me because talking to myself isn't doing much for my sanity.

**

More time has passed with people coming and going but now feels different I feel almost as strong as normal. I think it's got something to do with the tingles. I feel safe when they are here.

I can sense that I am surrounded at the moment as I slowly gain control of my senses. It seems as though everyone around me is angry, tense but why? My eyes are still heavy but I can begin to hear everything. I can hear the beeping of a heart monitor, that must be mine. I can hear growls and snarls. "Why? DO you think I wanted this to happen?" Someone snaps.

"Easy." I hear a soft voice whisper.

"What I am meant to think when you show up how you did and she is pretty much dead! I mean look at her." After living my life in fear I can hear the fear laced in this voice even if they are trying to sound angry. They are just scared I have heard many wolves sound like this before when they were trapped in the cages.