Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The house is empty there is only me, I think, the house is creaking I'm sitting in my room on my laptop trying to drown out the empty nosies below me. I hear the front door slam shut. I jump, I hear foot steps coming up the stairs I hear giggling like what we heard at lunch it's Jane, She is not alone, Joshua. I open my door a bit, a wall of smoke and alcohol hits me. I see them slowly come up the stairs glued together, Joshua's left  hand is around Jane's waist and there is a bottle in his right, he is whispering in her ear. Jane has a cigarette in her hand and smoke comes out of her mouth.  They go into Jane's room. I quickly go into the smoke filled hall and try hard not to cough. Jane's door is opened a crack. I see Jane and Joshua mouth in mouth as always but some how its different this time. I try to get a better look but not sure if I want to. I get a better look of Joshua sticking his hand up Janes shirt then all of a sudden Joshua disappears. I feel breath on my neck sending chills down my spine. I turn around to see Joshua.

"Time's almost up." He whispers.

I scream and wake up in a cold sweat. Tears are streaming down my face. I look around the room, the window is still broken until tomorrow when someone can come fix it. I slowly get up and walk towards the window. A cold breeze filled my room with chills. As I walk over to my window  suddenly I step on something and it crinkles under my foot. I pick it up to see a deformed paper airplane. I unfold it to see red block letters, even in the dark I can read it. Time's Almost Up. My heart pounds out of my chest, and my breathe speeds up. My hands shake and the paper slips out of my hands and onto the ground. I hesitate but continue to walk towards my window, look down at the trees in our front yard . I see nothing. I close the window and walk over to my door and walk out into the normal smelling hall. I slowly and quietly open Jane's door. She is in there sleeping and only she is with a big hickey on her neck. I sighed thinking I worry to much and try to go back to sleep, but fail. I toss and turn through my sleepless night.