Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My mom gets home at 5:30 as always. She cooks dinner steak and baked potato's. It was really good. But we couldn't enjoy it knowing one of us might disappear tonight.

"Umm- why do you look exactly the same?" Our mother asks.

We both shrug. "We decided to switch it up." I say. My mom looks at us suspiously, shakes her head and continues eating her supper.

We thought about telling her but she would call the police as soon as she could say one of her kids are going to go missing. All they would do is laugh at her and call her crazy. Anyways the police won't look for missing kids unless they have been gone for 24 hours, and by then it might be to late.We go up into my rooom and look out the broken window the red convertible wasn't there. I was beginning to think if anything happen at all tonight. I look at Jane, she shrugges. She starts walking towards the door and into her room. I look one more time at the window and there it is. The red convertiable. I screamed inside my head it wasen't coming out. I feel myself walking closer to the window.Then I see him. Joshua is looking straight at me with his dark eyes. I fell myself moving closer and closer to the broken window. Those dark eyes are pulling me in closer and closer. I feel myself climbing down the side of the house and putting my feet and the ground. I walk up to him with a blank expression.  

"Nice to see your coming easily." He says pulling a knife out of his back pocket."I was afraid I might have had to get you the hard way." I remain expressionless. He slides the side of the knife down my face. I remind myself that I'm doing this for Jane.  

"Now," he continues,"are you going to let me tie you up easily?" he asks reaching into the convertibles truck and pulls out blood red duct tape.He starts to put the red tape around my wrists.I try to scream and finally it comes out. Joshua slaps me across face. Tears burn in my eyes and then I look over at the window to see Jane looking out the broken window with a terrified look on my face. He grabs me, and tapes my mouth shut. I struggle away but again remember why I'm doing this. He stuffs me into the trunk of the car I feel tears rolling down my face. I curl up into a ball and let him shut the trunk without any trouble maybe he won't hurt me if I'll just do what he says. I hear the car start and drive away, and I slowly cry myself to sleep.