Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jane and I spent the rest of the day actually being sisters. We talked about everything we have missed out on each other though the last 14 years.

"Jane?" She looked at me smiling."Why, did you like Joshua anyways?"

"Hahahaha, older man I guess."

"How old?" I ask.

"I think maybe he was...19"

"Ahhhhh!" I playfully smack her. "JANE!"

She giggled. "Never again! I Promise. He was really sweet, sometimes." She said taking off her make-up. 

I raise my eyebrows. "Sometimes?" 

"Ya, but lately he has been acting weird." She said finished taking off her make-up.

"What was he doing." I asked remembering the note I got.

"He was more tense and he tried to make me smoke and drink!" She said sounding disgusted.

"I thought you did that all the time!?" I look over at her. She looked surprised.

"Where did you hear that!"

"I guess I just suspected that." She laughed examining her self in the mirror without makeup.

"Uh- why?"

"I don't know." I shrug. Silence came over us for the first time in about a hour.  "Uh- you know that time I caught you..." I hesitate for a second. "Cutting yourself... Why did you do that?"

Jane opens her mouth but closing it again, but eventually speaks. "That was when Joshua started acting weird, he offered me a cigarette and I said no. He shoved it in my mouth, I started coughing I snatched it out of my mouth and put the burning part in his arm. He screamed and then slapped me." A tear runs down her face and she looks down at her feet.

"Oh." I stay silent for a while until I saw Jane wipe away her tears and sit back up straight.  "Why did you always make out with him?" I ask feel awkward.

"I guess I thought it was cool." She shrugged looking embarrassed.

I stick out my tounge."That's gross Jane."

"Why did you skip the first day of school?"

"You ask alot of questions!"

"Tell me!" I yelled.

"Fine." She gave in. "Joshua took me, Christina, and her boyfriend into town to see a movie and have lunch."

"Jane!" I screamed. "You annoy me!"

"Thank you!" She smiled.