Chapter six ⛧

Dean listened to the crackling of the fire. Castiel's fingers tangled in his short hair soothingly. Dean let out a deep sigh and pressed his body closer to the man's tightening the embrace. There was nothing he ever wanted more and it felt like he finally found peace. Living a happy married life for eternity didn't seem bad. It was just what Dean needed. No hunting, no monsters, no more family business.

Someone somehow had to ruin it. Dean was about to fall asleep when his body jerked awake. He was blinded by a bright light. Dean held onto Castiel but he dispersed into the air with a click leaving a trail of colourful smoke. Dean's eyes widened in panic, he clenched his fists to fight. The bright figure approached quickly raising fear in Dean's heart, a jolt of panic shook his body.

"Dean. " The man heard the familiar groggy voice

A firm hand gripped his left shoulder and the light disappeared when the door the figure came from closed. Dean's eyes widened, even more, seeing the face that was too familiar in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Dean's bottom lip trembled lightly, he looked around in panic

"I came here to get you, Dean." Castiel's grip tightened 

"No." Dean shook his head lightly and pushed Castiel's hand off 

"What do you mean..." Castiel squinted his eyes "No?"

"I mean..." Dean inhaled sharply "I don't want to go back."

"But Dean-" Castiel strode forward

"No!" Dean grumbled "I have everything that I need here." 

Castiel blinked in confusion, his cerulean orbs sparkling in the dim light. Dean sneakily scanned Castiel's body, he was used seeing the man in ugly sweaters and now the trenchcoat looked completely out of place.

"Sam needs you." Castiel's voice had a pleading note "I- We need you back, Dean."

"I'm tired." Dean's voice faltered "I'm tired of chasing the wind, Cas. What is my life? We're constantly messing things up and then mess everything up, even more, trying to fix our previous mistakes.And here? Here I can finally live  a normal healthy life."  

Castiel furrowed his brows, the pleading glimmer in his eyes disappeared. He strode forward and grabbed Dean's collar, tugging at it violently.

"Do you have no sense of responsibility?" Castiel's voice rose "Sam is out there going over his head trying to get you back! " 

Dean let out a soft chuckle, a sorrowful smile graced his lips. The man freed himself out of Castiel's grasp and smoothed down his shirt.

"Sometimes you just gotta let go." Dean said quietly "Sometimes you just have to move on."

"No." Castiel said coldly 

Dean scoffed, a questioning look appeared on his face.

"You don't get to chose for me." Dean pointed at himself "I choose for me and my decision is to stay dead." 

"You don't understand-" Castiel started

"No." Dean cut the man off "No, no, no. It's you who don't understand. Out there nothing awaits me. I've been stabbed, I've been shot, beaten to death, mauled by dogs. I went to hell, Cas. All those times I went straight to hell but now that I finally have a shot at living normally I will not risk losing it."

"It's not real, Dean." 

"It's real enough for me." the man's eyes swell with tears "I have a house, a normal life, a job, a husband and I'm happy! I'm not going back."