Friends Are The Best

Sniffling as Filch walked you back to your dormitory you heard a worried voice coming from up a head. Looking up you saw the Friar floating in circles mumbling to himself until he saw you “(First/Name), my sweet girl are you alright? Oh look at your eye they're all red and swollen! Come, come let's get you back to the common room.” He said looking you over then cupping your face to look at your eyes before walking you the rest of the way you your house as he turned back to Filch “I can't believe you'd let a lam like her into a brudish forest at night! Oh McGonagall's going to have an ear full of me in the morning.” Friar said at you knocked on the barrels. Rubbing your eyes and cickcupping as you reached the common room you were tackled into a large group hug. “We were so worried! When you weren't here when we came don't to get you for bed, we had the Friar go looking for you!” Hanna said pulling away nearly cry when Cedric pushed his way over “Give her room everyone, she was attacked in the forest! (First/Name) what were you even doing?” He asked as you looked down. “Harry and the others needed help. So I couldn't sit by, I wanted to help my friends. I'm sorry I lost us fifty points.” You said in a shaky voice feeling about ready to cry again. Hearing him sigh Cedric put a hand on your shoulder “As long as you weren't hurt we should be fine. Besides we can always make up the points that were lost.” He said leading you into the common room stopping in your tracks you looked around to find all the furniture was pushed to one side of the room and the floor was covered in mattresses, pillows, blankets, and more than a few stuffed animals. “We thought that since you went through something so traumatic and scary not even an hour ago that you wouldn't want to sleep alone.” Sarah said grabbing your hand and jumping into the fluffy pile of pillows and blankets. Smiling wide “Thank you guys, this is really nice of all of you!” You giggled kicking off your shoes and crawling into the middle forgetting you were still in your uniform as everyone found and settled into their spots. After a few days you, Harry, Hermione, and Ron were walking during the class break  “I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable.” Hermione said making you smile as you noticed Harry touching his scar “Speak for yourself. You all right there, Harry?” Ron asked noticing as well “My scar. It keeps burning.” Harry responded rubbing his forehead, touching his shoulder “It's happened before.” Hermione said remembering the last time this happened “This is the third time I've seen this happen Harry, I'm starting to worry.” You said looking at Harry's face as it twitched in pain “Perhaps you should see the nurse.” Ron said worriedly as Harry spoke “I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. Uhh!” He groaned stopping to hold his scar before looking up. “Oh. Of course!” Harry yelled making a mad dash to Hagrid's hut. Running after him “What is it?” Hermione asked just behind the raven haired boy “Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?” Harry asked slowing to a fast walk, as the four of you got closer to the hut. “I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?” Harry continued causing the gaint man to stop playing his flute in slight surprise. “I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up.” Hagrid said a bit confused as Harry pushed for more answers “The stranger, though, you and he must have talked.” He said as the bearded man looked up in thought. Slowly catching on to what Harry was trying to figure out Hagrid looked at the boy in front of him “Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.” He said as Harry squinted slightly. “And did he seem interested in Fluffy?” Harry asked furrowing his brows together. “Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." Hagrid said happily before his face dropped in both shock and worry as the four of you gasped as Hagrid muttered “I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going?! Wait!” He yelled at the end as your group bolted for McGonagall's classroom. Skidding at the sharp turn you and the others tore down the desk isle stopping at her desk. “We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!” Harry yelled panting from the run as McGonagall looked up from what she was doing “I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London.” She said as you gasped “No! Why now?” You said hitting your head in worry “He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone.” Harry said trying to stay calm as the teacher in front of you took in a sharp breath in her shock “How do you know?!” McGonagall asked as Harry spoke  “Someone's going to try and steal it.” He said as McGonagall squinted slightly “I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? The stone is safe here at Hogwarts.” She growled making the four of you leave quietly. Walking down the hall you turned to Harry as he spoke “That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy.” Harry said looking between the group as you stopped for the slightest second “And with Dumbledore gone.” Hermione whispered just as the Professor in question appeared “Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindor's and a single Hufflepuff such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?” Snape asked blocking your way “Uh...we were just…” Hermione said failing to come up with something, “We have to study for the upcoming tests. And like you said students can't take books from the library outside.” You said quickly making the tall man turn to you sharply “You want to be careful. People will think you're up to something. Now don't doddle and hurry off to the library.” He said ignoring Harry's glare as you pushed the group forward after Snape left. “That was a bloody brilliant lie (First/Name).” Ron complemented as Hermione glanced back “Now what do we do?” She asked worriedly looking at Harry “We go down the trapdoor. Tonight.” He said making you stop. “W-wait really Harry? How are we going to get past Fluffy? Like Hagrid said it takes music to put him to sleep.” You said stopping as worry and fear starting to bubble up in your stomach. Stopping as well and looking at you “(First/Name), you don't have to worry it's not going to be like the forbidden forest, we'll stick together.” Ron said grabbing your shoulder encouragingly. Looking at the three as they were giving you encouraging smiles you looked down then nodded “I'm here to help in anyway I can.” You smiled looking up at the three as the four of you headed for the library to come up with a plan.