Chapter 32

05/21/2022 6:30 AM

"Good morning Angel...good morning Olivia. Are you guys ready for school?"

"Yes." Olivia and Angel say in unison.

"Good. What do you guys want for breakfast?"

"Waffles?" Olivia and Angel say in unison. Angel, Olivia and I head down to the kitchen. I walk over to the fridge, grab the pre-made waffle batter, close the fridge, and walk over to the counter. I grab the waffle maker, turn it on, and once it's hot enough, I pour some batter into the waffle maker, and close the lid. Eight minutes later...Liv, James and John walk into the kitchen and sit down at the table.

"What ya making baby?"

"Waffles. Can you grab the strawberries and whip cream out of the fridge please?"

"Sure." Liv says. Liv grabs the whip scream, strawberries, syrup, and orange juice out of he fridge. She sets them down on the table. After gabbing plates, glasses, and silverware, I set the items down on the table. A few minutes later...the waffles are done cooking. After putting a stack of waffles onto a plate, I walk over to the table and set the plate of waffles down in the middle of the table. After fixing, James, John, Olivia and Angel a plate, I fix myself a plate and start eating.

"Did you guys get your homework done?" I ask our kids.

"Yes." Angel says.

"Ah-hah." Olivia says.

"Yup." James says.

"Yeah." John says.

"Good." I say.

"Your mom and I won't be home until 9:00 tonight. If you're good for the babysitter, Liv and I will take you to the Zoo tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok momma." James says.

"Momma." Angel says.

"Yes baby-girl?"

"Can I talk to you about something after breakfast?"

"Sure baby-girl." I say.

A Few Minutes Later...7:00 AM

We just got done eating breakfast. After rinsing the dishes, I stick them in the dishwasher, exit the kitchen, and make my way into the living room. I sit down next to Angel.

"What did you want to talk about baby-girl?"

"There's this boy at my school...he accidentally walked in on me going pee, and he...he saw my penis. I...I told him not to tell anyone; but he...he did. He told his friends, and now...now his friends pick on me. They...they call me a freak." Angel says as she starts to cry. I went through the exact same thing when I was younger. I wrap my arm around Angel and Angel buries her head in my chest and starts crying harder.

"What are the boys' names?" I ask Angel.

"Erik Nicholson, Dan Pettit, and Aaron Danielson."

"Ok...thanks." I mumble.

A Few Minutes Later...8:03 AM

"Principal Orton...we have reason to believe that our baby-girl Angel has been harassed by some of her classmates." Liv says.

"Which classmates?"

"Erik Nicholson, Dan Pettit, and Aaron Danielson." I say.

"What did they say to her?"

"They called her a freak."

"Ok...I'll have a talk with them after lunch today. Thank you for coming in." Principal Orton says.