Prompt 7

PROMPT 7

1.     Write a chapter where no one says a word.

Male Perspective

Characters: Alec (Sweet) and Vanessa (Self-conscious)

        We lay on the grass in Vanessa’s backyard. It was a cool, sunny day. We sat in silence, just staring at the blue sky. I turned and looked at her face. The little blemishes that were there didn’t matter at all to me, because her inside beauty made her skin flawless.

        She blinked and turned to look at me with a wide grin. Her brown eyes stared at me with interest. I reached out and ran my fingers down the side of her cheek. She turned and kissed the palm of my hand.

        The love I had for Vanessa blossomed each day. This type of love had to be true. I had never felt this way with anyone before. She scooted closer to me and ran her fingers through my hair. She massaged my head, and the feeling was heavenly that I closed my eyes and savoured the feeling. When I opened my eyes, she trailed her fingers over my eyebrow, down the side of my face and stopped at the side of my lips. She gave me a peck, and drew back to look at me.

        It was always the short kisses that I loved the most with her. I didn’t know why, but maybe they just left more of a lasting impression than the long kisses we shared. I smiled at her and engrained every feature of her face in my brain. I wouldn’t want to forget such an innocent beauty that always took my breath away.