Prompt 10

PROMPT 10

1. Write a chapter where your character writes a message on a foggy window. 

2. Write a chapter based on this quote “So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Male Perspective

Characters: Alec (Sweet) and Vanessa (Self-conscious) 

        Vanessa and I sat at one of the fancy tables in my Aunt Jana’s restaurant and bakery. Vanessa was so excited when she realized where I took her. She screamed and gave me her sweetest kiss. 

        “Thank you, Alec.” She said. 

        Aunt Jana, who escorted us to the best view of the restaurant, greeted us immediately when we walked in. She was expecting us and gave Vanessa a warm hug when she saw her. 

        “Glad you could make it. Order whatever you like. It’s on the house.” Aunt Jana boasted. 

        Vanessa was dumfounded for a few seconds. “Seriously?”

        “Yep.” Aunt Jana nodded. “I’ll come back in a few minutes to take your order.”

        “Thank you so much.” Vanessa said absolutely grateful.

        “No problem.” Aunt Jana walked away and stopped to greet Uncle Robin, who just entered the restaurant. He waved at Vanessa and me. He then grabbed Aunt Jana and kissed her. She playfully pushed him away and headed to the kitchen with Uncle Robin behind her. 

        “There are too many goodies to choose from.” Vanessa scanned the menu with a concentrated look. 

        “They’re all amazing. Close your eyes and pick one.” I advised. 

        She placed the menu on the table, placed her finger at the top of the main course, closed her eyes, and slid her index finger down the menu items. She stopped and opened her eyes. “I’ll go with chicken pasta. What are you ordering?”

        “Spaghetti and meatballs with cheese.” I folded the menu and beckoned to Aunt Jana, who just walked out of the kitchen. 

        “I love cheese.” Vanessa grinned. 

        “I know. I’ll give you some of mine.”

        “Okay, thanks.” She winked with her pretty, pouty lips. 

My eyes beamed at her. “That’s the first time I’ve seen you wink. Dare I say you look sexy.” She playfully placed a hand over her mouth and repeatedly blinked. I laughed at her quick and playful response. 

        Aunt Jana took our order and came back with out steaming food a few minutes later. We gave Aunt Jana our thanks. Vanessa took out her phone and snapped a picture of her steaming plate of pasta adorned with large chunks of grilled chicken, Italian pasta, chopped carrot, pepper, broccoli, and Italian pasta sauce. 

        “May I?” She pointed to my plate then at her phone. 

        “Sure.” I took the phone from her and captured the image. She smiled when I gave her the phone with the picture.