Prompt 6

PROMPT 6

1.     Write a scene where a character says something unforgivable.

2.    Write a scene where your character meets an unlikely couple {i/e. Black & white, homosexual, older and younger}

3.     Write a scene where your character gets a flat tire and has to walk home in the rain.

Male Perspective

Characters: Alec (Sweet) and Vanessa (Self-conscious)

            I walked in the direction of Vanessa’s locker. She had her hair swept to one side, and she placed a few books in her locker. Just as I was about to say something to her, Narissa, one of the most detested girls in school stomped up to her. Narissa glared at her and thinned her glossy lips. Ugh! She reminded me of ex, who wore too much lip-gloss.

            “May I help you?” Vanessa asked innocently.

          “What the hell were you thinking when you paired up with my boyfriend for that math project?” Narissa pointed a manicured nail in Vanessa’s face.

            Vanessa looked bewildered. “Um, Marlon asked me to be his partner.”

         “We both know you’ve been crushing on him. I see the way you look at him in class, you little bitch.”

            Vanessa blinked rapidly. “That is not true!”

            “Liar!” Narissa screamed.

            I quickly ran up to Vanessa and spun her to face me. I kissed her gently and smiled at her when I pulled away. She blushed and averted her eyes. I looked at Narissa, who was fuming with rage.

          “Is there something you need from my girlfriend?” I slid my arms around Vanessa’s waist and drew her close to me. Narissa huffed and stormed away.

            Vanessa gave me a peck. “Thanks.”

            Vanessa and I sat in her favourite restaurant, the one I had introduced her to. She finished her burger and was eating peach. I decided I’d have a pineapple smoothie.

            “Hey, there’s the older couple we saw dancing together when we came here a few weeks ago.” Vanessa nodded her head in their direction.

            “Yeah, they look like regulars.” I folded my arms on top of the table and glanced at them.

            “Let’s say hi.”

            I looked at her quizzically. “Why?”

            She grinned. “Just for the fun of it. I like old people.”

            “Um, okay.” I said unsure and followed her to the couple’s table.

            Vanessa smiled at the couple as they glanced her way. “Hi!” She waved. They smiled at her and returned the greeting. I stood beside Vanessa and gave them a small wave.

            “Can we help you with something?” The older woman asked kindly.

            “We just wanted to say hi. I’m Vanessa, and this is my boyfriend, Alec.”

            I was a little shocked when she called me her boyfriend, but it didn’t matter. She acknowledged me as her significant other happily.