Prompt 3

PROMPT 3

1.     Write a scene where they dress up like hipsters and make fun of their exes.

2.     Write a scene where your character dances with someone on a rooftop.

3.     Write a scene where your character is rushed to the hospital.

Male Perspective

Characters: Alec (Sweet) and Vanessa (Self-conscious)

        I couldn’t believe Vanessa and I had spent the night in my dad’s truck bed. We were currently in her kitchen eating breakfast. Her parents liked me and were glad she finally had a friend, even if he was a guy. I think they already figured out we would become more than friends. They didn’t seem to mind because they said they’ve noticed her smiling and talking more.

        “We should do something fun together.” Vanessa said, sprinkling syrup on her waffle.

        I put down my teacup and looked at her. “Like what?”

        “We could make a list of fun stuff to do. Kinda like things to do before I die.”

        I smiled at her, “That’s a really cool idea. Let’s get started after breakfast.”

        She looked and smiled at me with her brown eyes, “You’re really up for it?”

        “Why wouldn’t I be?”

        She looked at her plate, “Most people would think it’s silly.”

        I turned my body to face her completely, and placed my index finger under her chin, turning her face towards mine. “I’m not most people.”

        Her face turned rosy and that made my heart flutter. “You’re so kind.”

        “And you’re really cute.” I kissed her forehead, and we finished our breakfast a few minutes later.

        While we stood at the sink washing our plates and cups, we thought of the first thing we could do. We later found ourselves in Vanessa’s room, searching her closet for hipster clothes to wear after she took a shower.

        “I’ve never really thought about wearing hipster clothes.” Vanessa said, looking at some shirts, “I think it’ll help me to feel more confident, but not cocky.”

        “Definitely.” I took up a pair of nerd glasses off her dresser and beckoned for her to try them on. She looked even more beautiful in them. “I know a hairstyle you could wear that’d look great with your outfit.”

        She laughed. “It’s like you’re my girl best friend.”

        I smirked. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

        She placed the glasses on her dresser and sat down on her stool and faced the mirror. I brushed her hair and tied it in a messy bun. She inspected it and smiled.

        “You’re good at this. I really like it.” She stood up and marched over to her bed where her outfit was. I turned my back while she dressed and turned around when she said I could.

        “You look really cute.” I said, examining her slender physique. She wore black, closed toe, three-inch heels, high-waisted, black, skinny jeans; black Arctic Monkeys T-shirt that danced on her waist and had the logo of their latest Album AM, and her royal blue blazer.