Chapter 4

Wednesday morning

"What books do you want me to bring home?" David asked taking a bite of a waffle.

"Action, fantasy, mystery, thriller, something like that." I said spreading syrup on my waffles.

"Do you have enough books to get you through the day?" David asks

"Yeah, I still have about half a book." I said

"So you'll need more for tomorrow?" He asks

"Yeah, unless you find a really good movie." I replied

He chuckled, "okay, I'll get that."

I smiled at him and said, "thanks for making breakfast."

"Ah, it was nothing." He said

"I'll wash the dishes." I said

"You don't have to do that, I will." He said

"No, you have to leave for school in a minute, I'll wash them." I said

"Fine you win, but I'm washing them tomorrow." He said

"Okay, it's a deal." I said laughing

He stabbed the last piece of waffle and put it in his mouth.

"Hurry up your going to be late." I said gently pushing him out of his chair

He quickly slipped on his shoes and grabbed his jacket and backpack. But before he left he came back to me and wrapped me in his arms.

"Don't get bored." He said with a chuckle

"Don't worry I won't." I replied

"Stay beautiful." He said

I felt my cheeks redden.

"You stay handsome." I said poking him in the chest

He chuckled and said, "see you later, I'll bring you more books and a movie."

"Okay, see you later." I say smiling as he walks out the door

I walk back to the counter and finish eating my waffles then I gather the dishes. I washed them in hot water and played with the bubbles in the process.

When that was done I walked back into David's room and crawled into the bed. He let me sleep in his bed, he's been sleeping in the extra room across from the bathroom. I dozed off and napped till noon.

When I awoke from my nap I got up and went to the duffle bag in the corner and grabbed some clothes. I walked into the bathroom and started changing. Before I put the new shirt on I looked in the mirror at my back. With all the stitches spread over my back, it looked like I had become Frankenstein.

Sighing I put the shirt on and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed some bread and ham and made myself a sandwich. When I finished it, i jumped onto the couch and grabbed my book.

Two and a half hours later....

I closed the back cover as I finished the last page. I threw the book on the other couch angrily, it had a cliffhanger ending. As i reached for the tv remote, I heard the turning of the front doors knob. I quickly jumped up and ran around the corner into the bathroom.

I heard the door squeak open and I heard heavy footsteps enter the livingroom, it definitely wasn't David.

I peeked around the corner and saw Alpha walking towards the bookcase by the front door, he picked out a book and started flipping through the pages. I took that chance and ran into David's room and hid behind the door.

I waited a minute then looked through the crack between the door and the wall. Alpha was coming this way!

I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw him coming, just as I was about to slam and lock the door he turned and went into the extra bedroom to the left of the door. then I quietly ran to David's closet and slowly shut the door. As soon as I heard the knob click, the footsteps started again and were getting closer. I moved to the back corner of the closet and held my breath. the footsteps stopped. Then after what felt like forever Alpha walked back out of the room.

I took a moment to breathe, but after only what felt like seconds, the footsteps returned and stopped at the closet door. the door swung open and Alpha stood in the doorway.

What'd you think?

Vote

Comment

And follow!

Please and Thank you!!!