WILL

Hesitantly,  I crawled out of the opening on my hands and knees. I took a look around on the blank, metal landscape with pillars. The room was huge. When I turned back around, I saw a huge row of bedrooms like mine. I walked to the right and pressed my face against the cold glass of one bedroom. It was empty, with a done bed and there was no opening like the other rooms. 

The sound of footsteps appeared next to me on my left and they sighed. I didn't look at them.

A slightly hushed and raspy voice whispered, "They're waiting for you, test subject 2206." My heart froze when I heard the phrase 'test subject'. I had lost sense of myself, having no social experience for a long time.

I breathed on the cold glass and drew a heart on the water vapour.

"Who's waiting for me?" I asked, adding decoration to my heart.

The person shuffled slightly, "The bosses."

"Who are the bosses?" I pressed.

"You ask too many questions."

I grunted, "Who are the bosses?" 

I turned to face the person. They were the same age as me and slightly shorter than me. They wore a black headband and gold-rimmed glasses. Their grey eyes watched me tentatively. I opened my mouth and said,

"What's your name?"

"Test subject 1215."

I replied cooly, "What if I don't want to meet the bosses, test subject 1216?"

"It's test subject 1215, not 1216." They muttered, sadly.

"You look familiar," I state, examining her bone structure, light brown hair, grey eyes and posture.

She chuckled slightly, "I get that a lot."

And that's when my body tightened and my throat swelled. My veins had been rushed with ice water and each strand of hair on my scalp stood straight. Goosebumps appeared on every curve and corner of my body. My lungs shrivelled as I had come to terms with who she actually was.

I stuttered, "You're supposed to be dead."