three

before matt and tord knew it, it was the weekend.

matt, of course, didn't like waking up late. to him, it was 'wasting daylight.' by 7:10 AM he was awake and downstairs, making two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. he sang to himself as he worked, putting them in a ziploc bag, then a brown paper bag. matt threw in an orange as well before grabbing his phone and texting tord using instagram.

purple_matty: hai!! :)

tord.larsin: you woke me up

purple_matty: oh srry lol XD wats ur address?

tord.larsin: y?

purple_matty: top secret >:3

tord.larsin: 1734 auburn ct

purple_matty: thanks! im coming over

tord.larsin: i'll have to get ready but ok

purple_matty: gotcha

tord.larsin: my window is unlocked, go thru there, i dont want to go to the door

purple_matty: perfect! cya at 7:35

tord.larsin: bye

matt smiled and put his phone down, sprinting up the stairs and expertly skipping a few steps. he got to his room and threw on an outfit. it consisted of black leggings, a loose white t-shirt with the polaroid logo on it, silver star earrings, and white converse. he went back downstairs and grabbed the paper bag along with his phone, then left the house.

meanwhile, tord was scrambling for any clean clothes, practically having no luck. five minutes passed and he finally found something. he changed into blue jeans that were stained with paint, an old black t-shirt, and a lokai bracelet.

he was just finishing putting on his socks when his window squealed open and matt jumped through.

matt landed on the bed, the brown paper bag held in his mouth. he placed it down and smiled. "hi, tord."

"hello." tord said quietly while he eyed the bag.

"i made sandwiches!" matt giggled.

tord's eyes widened slightly. "oh." he lowered his voice and added a, "thanks."

"any time."

matt gazed around the room and noticed it was pretty much empty. tord's red-blanketed bed was pushed against the wall by the window, a plain wooden headboard at the front of it. there was a nightstand next to the bed, holding a half-empty bottle of water and an alarm clock. against the other wall was a desk with a laptop and a small navy blue sketchbook. three shelves were stuffed with books. that was all; not even a poster or anything.

"woah." matt looked at tord, who was halfway done with his sandwich.

tord turned his head to look at him as well, jam smeared on the side of his lip and bread crumbs on his chin. "huh?"

"your room is really plain," he crossed his arms. "and it can't stay like that."

"why?" tord asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"it's too boring. seriously, look around!" matt waved his arm around.

the norski glanced around the room. he realized matt's point but shrugged and continued eating.

matt got up and stood in the middle of the room. he put his hands on his hips and looked around. "hm... do you have any christmas lights?"

"in my garage, i think." tord murmured. he finished his sandwich and wiped off his palms on his pants.

"that's perfect." matt grinned. he grabbed tord by the wrist and walked out of the room. "so, where is that, exactly?"

tord pointed to a door in the kitchen.

matt went over to it and walked into the empty garage. there were some shelves and cabinets on each side, the shelves occupying a toolbox or painting supplies.

"any idea where the christmas stuff is?" he asked.

tord nodded. he opened a cabinet, pulling out a large box and waving away the dust that exploded into the air.

matt kneeled down and took the top off. inside, it was filled with decorations, christmas books, and some unlabelled vhs tapes. he held the long stream of lights in his arms and watched while tord put the box back.

"your room is gonna look so pretty after this~" matt purred as he walked back inside the house and to tord's room.

tord shuffled behind him, a small frown on his face. he wasn't used to change and definitely didn't want anyone barging into his only personal spot and messing around with it. then again, he trusted matt and didn't want to offend him.

matt dropped the lights in the middle of the room. "let's get to work!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by 12 PM, they were done decorating tord's room.

the christmas lights were hung up on tord's walls, giving off a white-yellowish color. they'd also cleaned out the trash in tord's room, gotten rid of his headboard, and drew a galaxy in sharpie on the wall next to tord's door. matt had convinced tord to hang up his watercolor paintings from the blue sketchbook above his bed and even managed to get tord to organize his books on the shelf in order of color.

matt hopped down from standing on tord's bed and gazed around, admiring their work.

"we did good." matt grinned.

tord looked around as well, nodding in agreement. a hint of a smile played on his lips. his room did look better by a lot.

the ginger glanced at the alarm clock. "geez, 12:27 already?" he raised his eyebrows, bringing his gaze to tord. "i should get going. my mom said she might get me a pet goldfish, how cool is that!?"

trying to hide his disappointment, tord nodded. "cool."

matt let out a sweet laugh. "yeah! we can come up with names together another time. i'll see ya, tord!" he opened the window, winked at him, and disappeared over the edge.