seven

gahhh im really happy that you guys are enjoying this fic so far!! get ready, though... i've planned an angsty ending ;)

tord sat on the floor in his regular lunch spot with matt, face dug in a book per usual. meanwhile, matt was glancing around while taking nibbles of a sandwich. a mischievous glint was in his eye and a smirk played on his lips.

"tordy."

"hm?"

"what if we started a food fight?"

tord immediately looked up at him, green eyes wide. "are you insane?"

"a little bit." matt grinned. he stood up, taking tord's hand and yanking him up as well. "c'mon, it'll be fun!"

"we'll get in trouble!" tord hissed fearfully.

"oh, lighten up," matt gave tord's hand a playful squeeze. "have fun sometimes! not everything is about good grades and school, y'know." he winked. "the worst that could happen is getting suspended for two days."

tord sighed irritably. he shook his head slowly. "matt, i just don't-"

"please?"

"i-"

"for me?"

"matt, you're peer pressuring me-"

"tordsieeeee!" matt whined, getting on his knees in front of tord.

tord instantly flinched away, embarrassed. "okay, okay. j- just.." he huffed softly. "don't do that. it- it looks weird."

matt hopped up to his feet again. he wrapped tord in a too-friendly hug, giggling. "yessir!"

"matt, please..." tord groaned. the ginger ruffled tord's hair who whined in reply. "stop."

matt poked tord's nose, smiling. "shall we choose our target?" he asked as he picked up a carton of chocolate milk and ripped it open.

"whatever." tord mumbled, glancing around the courtyard.

matt suddenly chucked the carton into a group of girls. they yelled out in surprise, looking around in anger and confusion. a different group of boys ran up to them- most likely their boyfriends- and spotted matt laughing.

tord gulped. "m- matt, i think we should run." he desperately tugged matt's sleeve.

soon enough, food came flying towards them. tord yelped, snatching his backpack from off the floor and using it as a shield. matt jumped out of the way and laughed even more. he grabbed a bag of grapes from his backpack and threw them one by one at other students, who seemed to now be having a good time.

"try it, tord! it's fun!" matt said before getting hit in the forehead by a half-eaten brownie.

"matt, i don't-" tord began. seeing the puppy-dog look in matt's eyes, he sighed. "alright, fine. i'll throw just one thing." he grabbed one of the cupcakes they'd made before, throwing it. it hit a nerd passing by; she instantly bolted away, clutching her textbooks.

"good throw!" matt laughed and patted tord's back. "you're-"

a loud whistle broke matt off from his sentence. a woman dressed in a suit angrily walked in the middle of the courtyard. "excuse me!" she yelled.

tord's breath hitched. matt flinched. food stopped being thrown. students hid in groups, some trying to escape from the principal's wrath.

"may whoever started this please reveal themselves." she growled, eye practically twitching.

"on the count of three, we run." matt whispered.

tord looked at him, mouth hanging open. "no, we'll-!"

"i'm waiting!" the principal yelled.

hesitantly, tord looked at her, then at matt, then her again. "f- fine."

"okay, good. three.."

tord and matt grabbed their respective backpacks.

"two..."

matt intertwined tord's fingers in his own.

"one!"

the ginger sprinted away, pulling tord excitedly along with him. the principal barely had time to react; they were more than halfway to the fence.

matt was laughing as they ran, the fence getting nearer and nearer. they could hear the cheers of encouragement from fellow students fading away in the background.

"now climb!" matt tossed his backpack over the fence. it landed on the grass on the other side. he threw himself at the fence, climbing quickly and reaching the top. "come on, come on!!"

tord threw a glance over his shoulder, eyes widening as he saw two security guards charging at him. he squeaked before scrambling up the fence, feet slipping a few times. matt was already on the other side, wrapping his arms around tord when he uneasily landed.

"let's go!" matt slung his backpack on and ran down the street.

tord chased after him, panting hard. adrenaline pumped through his veins like never before.

a few minutes later, they found themselves crouching behind a dumpster at a nearby fast food restaurant, trying to catch their breath.

matt burst out into laughter, falling on his side and holding his stomach. tord's glare melted into one of relief, giggling quietly into his sleeve.

"o- oh my god-" matt gasped after settling down. he cracked a lopsided grin and ruffled tord's hair.

tord softly smiled. "that was the most risky thing i've ever done."

"really?"

"yeah.. it- it wasn't, for you?"

"you clearly don't know me."