Chapter Five: Whizzer Took all the Hot Water and now Kevin Wants to Fight Him

"I... hey, Kevin?"

"Hmm? What is it, Love?"

"I... we need to talk."

"About?"

"The... we can't just act like it never happened, alright?"

"What do you... last night?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh. Okay. Well, here I am acknowledging it: last night happened."

"Not like that. I mean... we..."

"We possibly kissed."

"Yeah,"

"And then we cuddled and slept together in the backseat of the car."

"Yeah."

"Does any of that bother you? Was it... too... too much?" Kevin seemed less sure of himself as he spoke.

"I... i don't know. I just... not right now. I'm sor-"

"No, no. It's okay. There's no rush, I promise. Do you still want to share a bed?"

"Will either of us end up on the floor if we don't?"

"Probably, yeah. I don't think you want to sleep in a bed with Whizzer and I know I'm not going to,"

"Okay. We'll share a bed, then. Oh, and I... i slept okay last night. I mean, as well as you can in a car,"

"That's good. You seemed peaceful. Hell dream?"

"No, not really. It was... i don't remember. I don't think I did."

"That's good!"

"Yeah, i guess. I mean, it was kinda nice, I feel better rested, I guess,"

"Yeah, like you said, we were in a car. Not too easy to get good sleep, especially not five hours worth," Kevin cracked a smile as he spoke.

"Yeah,"

"Oh, and... don't worry about Whizzer too much. He's not going to do anything,"

"Okay, thanks. He seems nice. Weird, I guess is the right word, but... nice. He means well, or at least he seems to,"

"Yeah, that's one way to put it,"

"Are you two mad at each other?" Connor seemed genuinely curious.

"Who, me and Whizzer? Nah. I mean, he picked up and left, but that was years ago. We're fine, just brothers."

"That makes sense,"

Whizzer chose that moment to get out of the bathroom, wearing a pink button-down and a pair of khakis. "Next," he said, shoving his dirty clothes into his bag. Connor nodded, getting his own bundle of clothes and going to the bathroom. Once the door was locked, Whizzer turned towards his brother.

"So, are you two together yet?"

"No. We might later, but right now isn't the best time."

Whizzer shook his head. "You know what, it's whatever. I tried to help."

"Sure, if you call whatever the hell you did helping."

"I did. I've talked to both of you now, haven't i? I told him he's not going to hell for being gay. Which is probably why he didn't shout at you when you brought up last night."

"You heard?"

"No, dummy. I know you well enough to guess that it'd come up. When I didn't hear shouting, I assumed that he took it and was fine with it, or you two were making out. Either one worked for me."