Chapter Eight

NOTE: It won't let me put the full chapter title, it's too long, so here's the title it's supposed to have: The World as we All Know it is Ending, Part One in a Three Part Trilogy.

ALSO IM SO SORRY THIS IS A DAY LATE I FORGOT TO POST IT LAST NIGHT IM REALLY SORRY

WARNING: THERE IS A TERRIBLY WRITTEN ARGUMENT IN THIS CHAPTER.

I'm not kidding- the argument that takes place could've been written a lot better, but lack of the ability to write a decent argument about what the argument is about prevented it from not being crappy.

So, warning, there's a crappy argument in this chapter, but one half of the argument is homophobic and ends in a character getting kicked out.

"I'm just saying."

"Whizzer!" Kevin smacked his brother as they walked out of the park.

"What?!"

"He makes a good point. I'd probably run away with Pierre too," Connor nodded, Whizzer giving Kevin a look.

"See? I'm not insane."

"You... why. Why are you like this?" Kevin shook his head, crossing his arms.

"Oh, don't be sour. At least we didn't say anything about Anatole."

"Yes, Whizzer makes a point. He may be beautiful, but no. I'd choose Pierre any day."

"Thank you!" Whizzer started walking backwards, throwing his arms out to Connor so he was almost pointing at him. "You understand!"

"Whatever. Wasn't he the-"

"He was the good one." Whizzer cut his brother off, already knowing what the question would be. Connor nodded in agreement, looking over at Kevin.

"He is."

"What about Pride and Prejudice characters?  I'd probably bang Mr. Darcy."

"Whizzer!" Kevin shook his head, starting to laugh a little as he looked around. "There are children around!"

"I mean, I'd love to meet him, yeah. Maybe not go that far, but he was pretty beautiful," Connor nodded.

"Arnold, help me," Kevin looked back to his friend for help, and only got a shrug and a head shake in answer.

"Sorry, I don't know," Arnold shrugged again. Kevin let himself slow down, walking with his friend instead of his brother and... other friend?

"They're going to drive me crazy if they talk about another fictional crush they have, I'm not joking. I've had enough of Jay Gatsby and Romeo Montague, I'll probably rip my hair out if I hear about Mr. Rochester, and please don't start on, what was his name, Westley? Yeah. Westley. They claim that Gatsby and Romeo aren't that great and they wouldn't run away with those two, but they probably would with all the others. Someone help us."

"Good luck, seriously. That's your people."

"I don't claim them. Someone else can take them. Please."

"...do you really want to get rid of them, though?"

"No, I guess not. Where do you want to eat?" 

"Anywhere is fine with me. What was that one place we passed? We could see if there's a Rainforest Cafe, if you're up for it. We could always just go to Wendy's, too,"

"Yeah, I'm with you. I say Wendy's, just because it's easy. We'll hit the Rainforest Cafe before we leave, I can promise you that," Kevin nodded as he spoke, picking up his pace so he could talk to his friend and brother.  "What do you two say to Wendy's?"