part 13

I drove with nervousness going throughout my body. I suddenly realized I had a little bit of blood still on my shirt from when I held Jughead. But I didn't care about that.
    Once I got to the hospital I ran inside to the front desk, "Hello, ma'am. What did they do with that boy that came in not to long ago from the ambulance?" I asked her.
    She looked at the blood on my shirt, "And how do you relate to him?" She asked me.
    Anger bubbled inside of me, "I'm his girlfriend." I smiled, "And this right here," I pointed at the blood, "This is his blood from when I held him in my arms until the ambulance arrived so ma'am will you so kindly as please tell me where Jug is." I stated seriously.
    She rolled her eyes, "In the Er section you'll see a hallway. Go down it and he'll be on one of the rooms to the left."
    I nodded in thanks and ran down the hallway.
    Once I finally found Jugheads room I seen two doctors at him. Examining him.
    "Excuse me! No visiting people aloud in this room at this time!" I jumped when a nurse yelled at me.
   "I'm sorry hun. That's the love of my life in there. I'm not going to not be here for him." I told her.
    "I know hunny. But the doctors don't want anyone around the patient. You may wait in the waiting room until people are called back." She suggested.
    I nodded slowly at her, and before I went to the waiting room I went to the gift shop to grab a huge thing of flowers for Jughead.
    Once I reached the waiting room I was shocked to see Fp. He was sitting with his head low.
    "Mr. Jones?" I asked him.
    He lifted his head, "Oh hey Betty. I didn't expect to see you here." He looked at the bundle of flowers.
    "I took Archie home then came here right away. And bought these at the gift shop." I told him and put the roses on the table.
    "Thanks for everything Betty. And the flowers." He said.
    I felt my eyes and face get red, "No. Problem." I said choking from my throat getting tight.
    He looked at me with question in his eyes as I sat next to him, "What's wrong Betts?"
    The first tears rolled down my face, "This was all my fault." I paused, "I shouldn't have told Jughead about any of this. And we didn't even catch the girl! Only Nick. The girl is still out there. I shouldn't even have told him. This wouldn't have even happened to him. It would've happened to me and I'm okay with that." I told Fp, "Jughead did do some wrong but he deffinitly didn't deserve this." I added.
    Fp rubbed my back, "Neither you or Jughead deserved this betty, and I know what you're talking about with the him doing wrong. I knew all about that, he felt so bad for what he did. He cried to me for nights about it Betty he really did. He loves you betty and I bet he would do anything for you to be safe." I started crying so much more.
    I never knew about Jughead crying over what he did to Fp.  He was in a gang yet hurting me mad him break apart.
    "And that was after Veronica and Toni. And you weren't even together when he kissed veronica." He added.
    I looked at him, "Thanks for telling me Fp. It means a lot. I didn't even know."
    "He didn't want you too. He doesn't like people knowing he breaks down too." Fp said.
    I nodded, "I understand."
    He gave me a small hug.

*a few hours later*

I ended up falling asleep on Fp's shoulder when the nurse finally came to us.
    "Jughead is now ready for visits. Yes awake and doing okay." She told us.
    I was happy to finally being able to see him.
    Fp was the first to walk in, "Hey dad." I heard Jughead say.
    And when I walked in with the flowers in my hand I seen Jughead looked at me speechless.
    It took a little bit, "Hey Betts." He smiled.
    I smiled back at him, "It's great to see you're okay babe." I smiled at him and layed the flowers next on his bedside table.
    He smiled at me.
    "Do you guys want a moment together? I could come back when you guys are done." I heard Fp ask.
    I waited for Jughead to reply. And he nodded.
    Once Fp left I looked at him, "Oh what did they do to you." I teared up as I got on my knees my his bed.
    "I just have a lot of bruises and cuts but other than that I should be okay." I looked at his face which had stitches on his forehead. Not a lot though. Which may have knocked him out and made him bleed so bad.
    "And they said I broke some fingers on my punching hand." He said.
    "I'm so sorry this happened to you Juggy." I said sadly.
    "It's okay Betts. I would do it again if I had too." He said.
    "No. I don't want you getting hurt again Jughead." I said to him.
    "Betty. No one will ever stop me from protecting you." He told me.
    "Oh Jughead Jones. I love you." I told him.
    I watched him smile, his eyes looked tired, "I love you too. Betty Cooper."
    "Come here." He added.
    I got on the bed with him carefully so I wouldn't hurt him and he kissed me. I kissed back.
    "We might want to get your dad before he starts to worry about you." I joked.
    He smirked and nodded.
    I left the room and let Fp and Jughead talk alone like Fp did with us.