Monster Trio

Chapter 4

Kestrel and the two drifters ran immediately into the forest. As they were running, they met the two young elves running and three ghouls who were chasing the elves. The two young elves were desperately shouting for help to survive.

Mihawk didn't hesitate to rushed to the three ghouls. He sliced the two arms of the ghouls and they bent down on the ground. Shisui delivered a final blow by decapitating the ghouls.

"What a brutal way of killing." Kestrel as he smirked to corpses of the ghoul.

"That is the will of a samurai." Shisui replied as he showed his pride.

"Come on guys. We're in the midst of battle. Let's hurry to the campsite of the elves." Mihawk said while looking at the two young elves.

They let the two young elves to stay in the forest and they hurried to the campsite of the elves.

They reached the campsite of the elves and they were seeing a lot of skeletons brutally killing the unarmed elves. Some of the non-military elves were armed with a rusty swords and wooden shields while the fighters of the elves were wearing breastplate armor and equipped with a claymore. These elves were trying to intercept the undead, fighting to survive in a cruel raid. Unfortunately, the elves were getting killed little by little, they've been overwhelmed by the numbers of the undead.

The three drifters rushed to the huge number of undead to aid the elves. Mihawk and Shisui unsheathed their swords, they started running towards the center of the campsite, as they ran, they were slicing the heads of the undead. Mihawk and Shisui were full of energy to kill those undead creature for they were a bloodthirsty people. Kestrel prepared her bow to support her allies, she started shooting the undead who were in the way of two drifters. The undead were killed in a very short moment of time.

The three drifters sat on the three barrels in the center of the campsite. Mihawk was on the center, on his right side was Shisui and on his left side was Kestrel.