Chapter 6 [DRAFT]

A/N: Please read well whatever, so if I have an important question or somethn I'll put it at the top. So this is quite a long chapter. Tell me, do you want long chapters or short ones? U don't have to answer but I wanna know... thx!! Enjoy
———

~ May's P.O.V ~
Drew and I woke up early that morning and ate breakfast. It seemed to be around six in the morning. Groggily, I finished eating (finally) and started to pack my things. I hid behind a group of trees and quickly changed out of my pyjamas and into my normal clothes, Drew did the same, except he was still missing his favourite jacket. Afterwards, we set off walking in silence. Since yesterday's events we basically ignored each other. Eventually, we reached Rustboro City. It was around 11am so we still had plenty of time to spare.

"So, March, let's go sign in at the Pokémon centre, then we can do anything we wanna for the time being." I nodded and slightly smiled. He talked to me.
"Whatcha smiling about?" He asked. I blushed,
"U-umm, nothing!" He nodded in confusion and we continued walking. While we were walking I saw a familiar looking person ahead. He had brown hair and a white hat, he had an orange and black jacket on and black shorts. Around his shoulder was a green bag.

"BRENDAN?!" I yelled out. The boy looked at me.
"MAY?!" Drew looked at us confused as we ran up and embraced each other in a large hug.
"Oh! Drew! This is Brendan! He was my best friend when we were young. It's been a couple years since I've seen him but we keep in touch sometimes." I said happily.
"Brendan, this is Drew!" I said turning to Brendan.
"He's my rival and we're basically travelling around Hoenn together right now." I smiled.

Brendan frowned for a second then smiled again, he was about to say something before Drew cut in.
"Well, April. Let's sign into the Pokémon centre then you guys can have your chit-chat or whatever..." He said. I nodded and said goodbye to Brendan. We continued walking to the Pokémon centre. Eventually, we arrived and signed into the Pokémon centre at Rustboro City.

After Drew and I signed up we split ways. I went off to find Brendan and Drew went off... somewhere. I found Brendan walking out of the Pokémart.
"Brendan!" I called out.
"Oh, hey May!" He waved. I walked over to him.
"Whatcha doing?" I asked.
"I just bought some full restores and potions. I'm about to go challenge Roxanne, the gym leader here... hey, wanna come watch?" He asked.
"Sure!"
"Great, follow me." He linked arms with me and started walking. I blushed slightly.

When we came to the gym, Roxanne was standing outside. She had dark brown hair in two piggy tails and a big cherry pink ribbon to tie them together. She had a white blouse and a grey skirt over top with a pink tie and matching leggings. She was talking to Drew.

Brendan and I walked up to them.
"Well, heya Drew. What're you doing here?" I asked.
"Ah, well you see me and Roxanne are friends. Did I tell you that before I started competing in contests I wanted to become a Pokémon trainer?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Oh well, Roxanne here helped me realise that battling was not for me and helped me find a new ambition." He said smiling. I smiled back.
"Well, I'm glad. Because if she didn't help you find Pokémon contests, I would have never met you-" I stopped and realised what I had said. Oh my Arceus May! You're so stupid!

Drew blushed slightly but it went away when Brendan started talking.
"Well, umm, Roxanne! I want to battle you." Roxanne looked at him with curious eyes.
"Well, why don't we all go in?" She offered. We all nodded and walked inside. Inside was a big room. Along the perimeter were seats for people willing to watch. In the centre was a huge battle field made out of rocks. There were small boulders around. Perfect for rock Pokémon.
"Are you ready?" She asked Brendan. Brendan walked over to the challenger's square and Roxanne went to the gym leader's. A referee came over and stood on the sidelines while Drew and I sat down on a seat.