Prolouge

It was a chilly Monday as the team gathered at the round table in the briefing room. The team had just returned from a luxurious three day weekend after working four cases back to back. Everyone was seated; even JJ and Penelope who often stood to give the team their case. Section Chief Strauss was standing at the front of the room next to a dark haired man. Dave had seen him around the building, but couldn't recall a name or the unit the man worked for.

"Erin what is the reason for this meeting?" Dave asked his curiosity, and patience, getting to the better of him.

"It's not budget cuts is it?" Derek asked.

"I assure you this meeting is a privilege not a punishment Agent Morgan," Erin replied. "Before we start would everyone please place their phones in the box."

A few grumbles were heard as everyone followed her order. Anytime phones had to be locked up it never went over well for the team. Once everyone's phones were put in the box the mysterious man closed it.

Erin continued, "Agent Prentiss as of now your contract no longer applies to your team. As for everyone else everything that is fixing to happens remains within your team."

Eyes darted around many focusing in on Emily. "What contract?" Aaron asked getting defensive.

"We are getting there, "Erin replied. "First I would like you all to meet Unit Chief Matt Cruz."

"Nice to meet you all. I have heard great things."

"What unit are you over?" Aaron asked.

Cruz glanced to Erin. "Case first Agent Hotchner," Erin stated.

"Of course," JJ replied passing down the files Cruz had handed them.

"Over the last year a known number of eight kids have gone missing," Erin started.

"How come we are just hearing about this now?" Rossi questioned.

"The unsub has crossed state lines each time. No one connected the dots till now," Cruz answered.

"How do we know we are dealing with the same offender?" JJ asked.

"One of the missing kids was taken from Virginia. One of my agents was going over the case when she found seven others with the same M.O," Cruz explained.

"All eight kids were taken on their way home from school on a Friday. There were no witnesses," Spencer elaborated.

"How come you're putting two teams on the case?" Aaron asked knowing Erin often underestimated the BAU's abilities.

"There are eight missing kids with no evidence to go on. We can't even prove if they are dead or alive. My team has a unique perspective that will be needed, but they're not exactly profilers," Cruz explained.

Erin gave a professional nod. "With that I think it's time for you to meet the EYU."

"The EYU?" JJ whispered.

:::::::

Once exiting the elevator they were immediately met by a guard. "Don't pass the red line."

Cruz just smiled. "Guard down Jones they're all with us. They've been given the go ahead."

Jones stepped back. "Yes, Sir."

"Is everyone here?" Cruz questioned. "It's 9:00."

"Agent Todd just returned," Jones replied.

Cruz nodded as Erin turned to the team. "These agents are highly respected. Do not question their abilities. They look up to the BAU so be nice."

"We'll try Erin," Dave replied dryly.

"Well then it's time you meet the FBI's best kept secret," Cruz stated leading them down a hallway.